Is there a fix yet for the media remote sending multiple volume commands on the series X?

Discus and support Is there a fix yet for the media remote sending multiple volume commands on the series X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Currently using a TCL 6 series, sonos sound system and series X with my Xbox media remote. Since launch when I volume up or down it happens in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AgonizingSquid, May 24, 2021.

1. Is there a fix yet for the media remote sending multiple volume commands on the series X?

Currently using a TCL 6 series, sonos sound system and series X with my Xbox media remote. Since launch when I volume up or down it happens in increments of 4-6 steps, when muting it will mute, then unmute after the first press on the remote, needs two presses to actually "mute".

This is very frustrating and makes watching content very annoying on the series X, I wanted to check back in to see if anyone has solved the issue on their own or if the Xbox team is even aware of the issue yet?

Thank you for your time

submitted by /u/AgonizingSquid
    [link] [comments]

/u/AgonizingSquid, May 24, 2021
  2. The Sirk Win User

Media Remote

I think I have the same or similar issue. What's weird is that my Philips HTL2160 soundbar works great using the Kinect voice volume commands but not with the Media Remote. If I use the volume button on the remote my soundbar blinks like something is happening,
    but the volume never changes. Yet, the mute button on the remote works fine. Again, the voice commands work fine for volume. Weird. Anyone find a solution?
  3. Eebsticles Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Volume Problems

I just got a soundbar and am having this issue as well. Hopefully they can fix this with an update, but it doesn't seem to have their attention, yet. I don't under stand how the voice commands and the smart glass app can control the volume with ease, but
    the remote doesn't work. Don't all three send the same command to the kinect?
  4. bmelendy Win User

Xbox one media remote won't control TV

Well, no matter what I try, the official Microsoft Media Remote just won't control my TV's volume. I thought maybe it was my off-brand Sanyo TV but tried it on my other LG TV and it behaved the same. The Kinect can control the TV's volume with voice commands,
    but not the media remote.

Returning this and I will try a third party remote and hope for better functionality.
  5. GrayDrop634995 Win User

Volume control - help please!

No., I'm trying to send volume command from the X-Box to my receiver. IR Blaster is bull#$it in 2015!!! Really??? Why are we using IR for anything?

Answer: Because device manufacturers are cheap.

Really disappointed that the XBOX One uses IR for media remote. And, they expect to win in the living room experience with XBOX? C'mon.

This particular receiver doesn't have an IR in. So, I have NO way to control my volume with a singular remote!?!?!?! Very dissapointed. Basically, Microsoft only cares about being a game console and has no interest in really being the center piece as
    a living room media console.

And, since Microsoft ended support for Media Center, I'm really struggling to find a viable solution. I guess I'll be going with PLEX or KODI or something.

WHY DOESN'T XBOX just have NATIVE VOLUME like a PC!?!?!?!?
  6. KingOfTheRen Win User

XBox One S - PDP - Talon Media Remote, Can't program this receiver

Hmmm, I'm using that exact same media remote for my living room console! Are you positive that the remote can do that? I can turn up the volume on my TV with the remote but not the volume of my external big speakers. Even with the TV volume i find the
    remote to be very unresponsive, takes multiple clicks to register or just won't work sometimes.
Thema:

Is there a fix yet for the media remote sending multiple volume commands on the series X?

1. Is there a fix yet for the media remote sending multiple volume commands on the series X? - Similar Threads - fix yet media

2. Why Hasn't Microsoft Fixed the XBox Homepage yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Hasn't Microsoft Fixed the XBox Homepage yet?: There are community complaints everywhere on the internet about the XBox homepage and how horrible it is. It has been turned into an advertisement page instead of a home entertainment system page....
  3. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  4. I'm trying to open Fortnite yet every time I do, I get a Bsod. Any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to open Fortnite yet every time I do, I get a Bsod. Any fixes?: I ran blue screen viewer, it tells me that my HIDCLASS.SYS, and ntoskrnl.exe are problems. I have reinstalled windows, recently updated drivers, and because of my friend have done everything we...
  5. Has Microsoft found a fix for the flashing screen on xbox series x yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has Microsoft found a fix for the flashing screen on xbox series x yet?: I have an Xbox series X and an LG OLED 65 inch TV. worked fine for about a year until just now. November 16 2023. Seems to only happen when use TV or movie apps. Changing my video settings does...
  6. Is there a fix yet to play Minecraft Java on ROG Ally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix yet to play Minecraft Java on ROG Ally?: Is there a fix to play Minecraft have on the ROG Ally? No matter what I do the game defaults to keyboard and mouse. I’ve even tried a custom profile, but still nothing...
  7. Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...: The YouTube app on xbox series s and I have heard it is the same for series x has a problem with the video and audio synchronization. The audio is delayed on the app while the video is ahead of...
  8. Has anyone found a fix yet for the series x randomly disconnecting from the internet? Seen...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone found a fix yet for the series x randomly disconnecting from the internet? Seen...: Really hoping there is a solution cuz this is just ridiculous. Spend all that money for a system that can't even do the most basic of tasks. submitted by /u/dreamsmasher23 [link] [comments]
  9. Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...: Packet loss on Xbox x had jumped to 100% since yesterday. I never experienced this before and all the resetting, cable checks have been tried. This is extremely annoying as I can’t play...
  10. Any fix yet for crackling audio issue when streaming on twitch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fix yet for crackling audio issue when streaming on twitch?: I have recently started streaming on Twitch with my Xbox Series X. During the stream a crackling/popping noise starts to occur in the live stream audio. If I unplug or mute my headset mic it...