Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to...

Discus and support Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Are the Xbox series consoles at a disadvantage when it comes to latency to the game servers. I see the ps5 has a WiFi 6e chipset integrated. Just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob Olson 928, Oct 30, 2023.

  1. Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to...


    Are the Xbox series consoles at a disadvantage when it comes to latency to the game servers. I see the ps5 has a WiFi 6e chipset integrated. Just curious I've been stuck playing warzone and Fortnite with 50-90ms latency on average and I get stomped on sometimes and I don't even have time to react. Does anyone know about alternative port selection does that help your overall latency? O and to mention I always play wired on Ethernet cat 6e my Isp package is 250mbps download and 3-9mbps upload when I do speed testing on the okola android app I get around 8ms latency compared to my series x that I cant get below 50ms helpp.

    :)
     
    Jacob Olson 928, Oct 30, 2023
    #1
  2. David Wirsching Win User

    Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to the ps5 and PC's

    Hello Jacob O, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

    Latency in games can be affected by several factors, including the quality of your Internet connection, the distance to the game server, and the hardware you are using. Here are some very key points based on my knowledge:

    Xbox Series X vs PS5 vs PC: Some users have reported experiencing higher latency on the Xbox Series X compared to the PS5 and PC. However, this may vary depending on individual factors such as network configuration and geographic location.

    WiFi 6e on PS5: The PS5 has support for WiFi 6, which can provide faster download speeds compared to previous generations of WiFi. However, this does not necessarily translate into lower latency in games.

    Alternate Port Selection: Alternate port selection can help improve latency on home networks where UPnP is problematic or unavailable and where multiple Xbox consoles are present. However, this method may not be effective for all users.

    Cat 6e Ethernet: Using a wired Ethernet connection can provide a more stable and potentially faster connection than a wireless connection5. However, latency can still be affected by other factors such as Internet service quality and distance to the game server.

    Improve latency: Some suggestions to improve latency include using a wired Ethernet connection, changing your Xbox's DNS settings for a faster Internet connection, moving your Xbox closer to your WiFi router for faster download speeds, and close running games or applications.

    Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

    Best regards.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to the ps5 and PC's

    if you are using the internal latency test on the dashboard, you are pinging the Xbox live servers, it is not representative of gameplay performance.

    50 ms is within the ideal ping time game developers target.

    Ookla is targeting a server as close to you as possible, often within a few milea, not the game servers in question.

    50ms is exponentially faster than human reaction time, so i don't think latency is the issue. most people don't take into consideration that other players latency can also be an issue
  4. les lane Win User

    HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

    …LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  5. DominumStige Win User

    Xbox Series X Controller Compatibility

    Hi!

    Of course, the pad will be compatible with Series X, as specified in the
    glossary
    .

    One of the first points to reduce latency is within the communication between your controller and your console. By bringing our existing high-bandwidth, low-latency wireless protocol on the Xbox One family of devices to Xbox Series X, we’re able to not
    only reduce latency in your gaming experience but also ensure all of your existing Xbox One gaming accessories will be compatible with Xbox Series X.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox cloud gaming on Series S powered by Series X

    they are using series x hardware in the datacentre's now, so in fact series games on the cloud are running via mostly series x hardware, still the quality is set by your internet speed and latency, if you have good speeds but your latency is rubbish then you will get reduced picture quality to prioritise controller latency.

    but cloud gaming is still only streamed at 720p.
Thema:

Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to...

Loading...
  1. Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to... - Similar Threads - series disadvantage comes

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  10. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...