Is the Xbox 360 servers down for backwards compatible games?

Discus and support Is the Xbox 360 servers down for backwards compatible games? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m trying to play COD WaW zombies and BO1 Zombies and I cannot connect to the Xbox live servers. I have a gold membership, internet is fine and good... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kevin Ross1, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Kevin Ross1
    Kevin Ross1 Guest

I’m trying to play COD WaW zombies and BO1 Zombies and I cannot connect to the Xbox live servers. I have a gold membership, internet is fine and good to go but I just can’t connect to live. Tried restarting my console, clearing the cache and I’m out of answers. Is the Xbox 360 servers down at the moment? Is anybody else experiencing this?

:)

Kevin Ross1, Dec 12, 2022
  2. FunkyForestFrog Win User

Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question.

It won't shut down for a while. The backwards compat games on the one still use the xbox 360 servers. They have future releases for the backwards yet. If they shut down the servers, we lose all these backwards compat games as well. Some game developers might
    shut down their servers, like older sports games from like 5 years ago do not have active servers.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox 360 Online Servers URGENT Request.....

Well no one knows when the 360 servers will be shut down but with the recent announcement of backwards compatibility on the xbox one it wont be anytime soon as they will need the 360 servers to run backwards compatible games.

You do know no one from Microsoft reads these forums >
  4. Auswulf Win User

When 360 servers shutting down confirmed?

It's not getting shut down. You will be able to still play your favourite games on the Xbox 360.

A lot of people still play on the Xbox 360 and the backwards compatibility feature on the Xbox One will be using the same servers for the backwards compatible Xbox 360 games.

So you have no need to worry about them shutting down for several years.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Conclusive proof Xbox is purposefully slowing down Xbox360 users

Yes you did, but the backward compatible game uses the same xbox 360 servers, which if they were slowing down 360 users, then it would affect Xbox One users too.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

The Xbox Live servers for the Xbox 360 are currently down. This is also affecting Backward compatible games on the XBox One and Xbox Series X|S. No ETA yet on a fix.
Thema:

1. Is the Xbox 360 servers down for backwards compatible games? - Similar Threads - 360 servers down

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. 360 Servers down.. again

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Servers down.. again: Unable to play 360 games due to the servers being down again, why cant the saves be on the console and not the cloud?? Its so anticonsumer i cant wait to finish my sleeper build...
  4. Xbox 360 online servers not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 online servers not working?: My friend has just bought and downloaded Black Ops 2 and we were going to play it together, but when I loaded it up it told me that I couldn't connect to the xbox live servers, even though it's...
  5. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  6. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...
  7. Connection lost to any 360 servers on my Series X (even login) despite Xbox Support saying...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection lost to any 360 servers on my Series X (even login) despite Xbox Support saying...: I cant connect to 360 live on my series X: Everytime I try to download profile or login, it says to test connection and troubleshoot it. Any time I try following the Virtual Assistant's advice, it...
  8. Are xbox 360 servers down for some people?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are xbox 360 servers down for some people?: I try to play with friends L4D2 while we are all one Xbox One’s, some can join the game and others can’t, we have tried making different lobbies as having other people as hosts, then other people...
  9. Need For Speed Rivals Server down for Xbox 360/PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need For Speed Rivals Server down for Xbox 360/PC: This server for Need for Speed Rivals server down will effect, Logging in, creating new account. Logging into Origin sign-in effected in game. EA and Xbox support are trying their best to work on...
  10. When Xbox 360 Live Server Close Down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Xbox 360 Live Server Close Down?: Hello, just want to know when it will shut down. 69a6bef2-139f-474e-b8a3-05cac79fbed4