Is the series s supposed to get really warm

Discus and support Is the series s supposed to get really warm in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I notice it gets really warm and my game froze once I don’t know if it is because it got too warm. d3ac2593-79f7-4e87-85ce-a5e932288c40 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SAG3 Arrow, Dec 29, 2022.

1. SAG3 Arrow
    SAG3 Arrow Guest

I notice it gets really warm and my game froze once I don’t know if it is because it got too warm.

:)

SAG3 Arrow, Dec 29, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Yes, High-performance electronics in a small box gets one, it is performing as intended
  3. Lil C138 Win User

Xbox series S overheating

Just got my xbox series s and after about 2 hours i noticed it was getting pretty warm, just checking if this an issue anyone else has had
    Hi MattWright09! I have a series s myself and it does get pretty warm after hours of use, after all it is a pretty powerful machine. Just make sure you have enough room for it to ventilate to avoid any problems. If it is overheated or too hot to touch then
    there definitely is a problem. Hope this helps, and you have yourself a great holiday!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Disc drive

If this is an S series console, try cleaning the eject button with warm water and soap solution ensuring the console is only getting damp, not wet and only in the area. At times debris can make the console think you are pressing eject.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox played vert

The S contains high end electronics in a small box. The fan will run and it will get warm

Putting it vertical will only compromise cooling, since hot air goes up. While it is designed for both positions, and there is debate how much difference it really makes, hot air fan pointing up is always best.

A Series X should always be vertical for optimal. It's a literal chimney.
Thema:

1. Is the series s supposed to get really warm - Similar Threads - series supposed really

2. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  3. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  4. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S: Hi all. Recently I got a series S and it's worked great, for the most part. Other issues aside, sometimes when I launch YouTube and click on a video, it will hang on a black screen, and then force...
  7. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  8. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  9. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  10. Is my xbox series s supposed to be this loud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox series s supposed to be this loud?: Hi, is it normal for the xbox series s to be kinda loud while playing more intensive games? I can even hear the fan sound with my xbox headset on. The fan usually gets louder when playing next gen...