Is the Microsoft Movies and TV App disontinued?

Discus and support Is the Microsoft Movies and TV App disontinued? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wanted to download some of the movies I bought on the microsoft store onto my 360 l, but the movies and tv app keeps bringing back an error message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MegaHedgehog703, May 12, 2023.

1. Is the Microsoft Movies and TV App disontinued?

I wanted to download some of the movies I bought on the microsoft store onto my 360 l, but the movies and tv app keeps bringing back an error message saying that the xbox service is unavailable. Did microsoft shut down the servers on the 360 version?

:)

MegaHedgehog703, May 12, 2023
  2. MegaHedgehog703 Win User

Thanks for the reply, however that has nothing to do with my question. I'm trying to view these movies on an xbox 360, which is an xbox console, using microsoft movies and tv, which is available as an app on the xbox 360.
  3. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

airmattdog Microsoft Agent | Moderator posted information to a user who had a similar issue:

"For a time, it was possible to view video content through a web browser, but that ability was removed quite a while ago.

You can sync your accounts to the Movies Anywhere service so you can view any MA enabled titles in iTunes, Vudu, FandangoNow, etc.

At this time there is no way to view Microsoft Movies & TV content on non-Windows or Xbox devices. Customer support is the only people that can issue refunds or assist you with this as no one here has access to customer information.

"

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope that answers your question!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. Miguel Molina O Win User

I am sorry if a do not express this clearly

What was trying to say quoting the post, is the service is no longer available on the Xbox 360.

I hope I can answer with a more positive answer but there is not much room for what to do besides seeing the movies on your browser.
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Years ago you could log in online to watch movies you purchased. Now with movies anywhere that’s seems to be a solution but it’s also a problem. Why can’t I watch my purchases?

Digital movies purchased form the Microsoft store are only streamed to your console, there is no download option so you require a connection to view them.

On a Windows 10 PC you can use the Movies and TV app to download them for offline viewing.

For more information, see Microsoft Store: Movies & TV and Movies Anywhere.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

film e serie tv su xbox[Translation-movies and TV series on xbox]

Hello Albyyy,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Here is a
    page
    about Movies and TV. To answer your questions:

1. Any movie you purchase or is available through the app.
    2. No you only need the Microsoft account and the app.
    3. You will be able to watch what is currently running on the Movies & TV app.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Is the Microsoft Movies and TV App disontinued? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Movies App

2. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 70fc8331-939e-413d-85c0-bcc8d88bbffe
  3. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 0ba05f79-6a5d-4d1f-9ffb-24d2a4d757d2
  4. Is the an application to watch Microsoft Movies and TV on android devices in the UK.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the an application to watch Microsoft Movies and TV on android devices in the UK.: I know of the MoviesAnywhere app they suggest on the Microsoft website unfortunately that's only available to US residents not the rest of the world. As I live in the UK it would be convenient to...
  5. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  6. Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?: So with Microsoft already owning all of Lionheads' IP's and on the verge of completing the deal with Activision this leaves the ownership of the IP and distribution rights of the Movies firmly in...
  7. Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?

in XboX Insiders
    Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?: So with Microsoft already owning all of Lionheads' IP's and on the verge of completing the deal with Activision this leaves the ownership of the IP and distribution rights of the Movies firmly in...
  8. Missing Episode 2 of Dead City in the Microsoft Tv & Movies App

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing Episode 2 of Dead City in the Microsoft Tv & Movies App: Hello, I just purchased the season pass for Dead City on my Xbox series x but episode 2 is non existent. I've tried to call Microsoft support only to get the call dropped with no call back or...
  9. Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...: No other movies purchased show Dolby Atmos availability either. Sent from Australia. a7fa4951-f217-4555-97bd-e41affa74ab8
  10. Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio: I've made purchases for movie rentals through the Microsoft store app on Xbox One that will sometimes have no audio when I attempt to play them. The movie trailer audio works fine, but the main...