Is my xbox faulty?

Discus and support Is my xbox faulty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; No matter what controller I use (even through my phone) I cant go anywhere in my xbox. If I press down it just goes straight back up and if I try to go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ttwtt, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Ttwtt
    Ttwtt Guest

Is my xbox faulty?

No matter what controller I use (even through my phone) I cant go anywhere in my xbox. If I press down it just goes straight back up and if I try to go left and right it skips 3-4 items I'm trying to select. I got a new controller and it's doing the same thing. Tried updating it and it didnt work. Cant go though the settings because I cant select anything. Does not help that support call is unavailable.

:)

Ttwtt, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Is my xbox faulty?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. SleepingKingX Win User

Disconnects from xbox live

all of them but my internet is fine.... could it be a faulty xbox 360S?
  4. Leemur60 Win User

My xbox one x is have hdmi port problems

Faulty HDMI ports are not as rare as you might think. I work in IT and see a lot of the ports becoming faulty on PC's and laptops. It might also be worth checking out your TV/monitor for faulty ports.

My Xbox One X HDMI port works fine but it has caused a fault on two of my TV ports. They no longer push out 4K but work for 1080p.
  5. COLDAS YMIR WBF Win User

Xbox1 s won't turn on

sorry this is happening to you by the sounds of it u either have a faulty xbox or faulty adapter
  6. Miner249 Win User

Xbox one, my app tiles are black!!!!!!!!

you are genius's i replaced my console because xbox said it was faulty, this was the problem
Thema:

Is my xbox faulty?

1. Is my xbox faulty? - Similar Threads - faulty

2. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  3. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  4. Faulty controller help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller help: I bought two Xbox elite controllers for my sons at Christmas they where on offer for £111 each, one controller has stopped working so I posted it to Microsoft because it was faulty. Instead of...
  5. X Box One X Faulty hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X Faulty hard drive: Hi could you please help with some advise my X Box One X has a faulty hard drive but it is not under warranty anymore expired 2019 - I do have household insurance and it is covered under my...
  6. Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...: Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a consumer, do not buy this product. 1e603ce1-b179-4a1c-9f34-b61ec3cc3b12
  7. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...
  8. Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.: When I try to log into Minecraft, I get error code: Bat, which apparently means I have to log into the Xbox app. When I download the Xbox app, it looks like it doesn't load properly, only showing...
  9. Faulty controller missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller missing: Hi, I really hope someone can help as I am at my wits end with this situation now and don't know what else I can do. I bought an Xbox Design lab controller for my son. Within 2 months it was...
  10. Faulty Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty Hardware: So my Xbox series X has internal hardware issues, Cant connect to 360 Dashboard, wont play backwards compatible games, every now and then loads up on start saying sorry issue updating restart or...