Is my Series X dying?

Discus and support Is my Series X dying? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had this for almost a year (got it in November 2020). It will constantly cut out audio (all audio completely stops, only way to fix it is to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CoolBiz125, Nov 10, 2021.

1. CoolBiz125
    CoolBiz125 Guest

Is my Series X dying?

I’ve had this for almost a year (got it in November 2020).

It will constantly cut out audio (all audio completely stops, only way to fix it is to either reset the console or the controller).

It will also shut off randomly for no reason. The controller will stay on even if the console shuts off like this. I checked all the cables and wires and they’re all securely plugged in.

Is it dying? If so, can I get it replaced at this point?

:)

CoolBiz125, Nov 10, 2021
  2. TuPaco Grande Win User

Dying light 2 Coop Bug (Unable to join game)

I believe Dying Light 2 doesn't support cross gen Co-Op yet. We have a Series X and Xbox One X. My boys can't play together.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Is my Series X dying?

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the issues you are having, I fear it may be a hardware issue that would require a repair or replacement of the device, but before we confirm this, please read the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of the above solutions solve the problem, try the alternatives below.

Try plugging the console directly into the power outlet, without using a line filter

Try testing the console on another power outlet

- If the above tips don't solve this, try the procedure below.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

- Select the option to keep your games and apps so that they are not deleted, make sure you know your email and password as they will be removed from the console and you will need to add them again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  4. BioHazard13576 Win User

Is my Series X dying?

I also have the exact same issue, after moving my Xbox one x from one tv to the other after a few hours of gaming it suddenly became all wavy at the bottom of the screen and video and audio cut out completely at times, I thought it might just be glitched but after shutting it off it no longer turns back on. This Xbox one x is only 2-3 years old, and I can’t see it dying that fast. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried multiple HDMI cables, ports, and TVs.
  5. Default_570 Win User

Is my Series X dying?

make sure the unit is dust free, and laying it horizontal seems to allow air to flow better
  6. AXLE Storms Win User

Dying light 2 Coop Bug (Unable to join game)

I believe Dying Light 2 doesn't support cross gen Co-Op yet. We have a Series X and Xbox One X. My boys can't play together.
    oh ok thanks
Thema:

Is my Series X dying?

1. Is my Series X dying? - Similar Threads - Series dying

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  5. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  6. Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?: [img] I'm getting a graphical bug of sorts on my series x, on the home panel and in all games. Is there something I can do something to fix it? Or will I need to replace it?...
  7. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  8. Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...: Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on standby mode. The console is just over a year old. e7d1ed31-907b-4596-ab46-2dbe11fd2179
  9. All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller): I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned itself off. I replaced the batteries, thinking...
  10. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...