Is MS throttling downloads on Xbox One? MS Store app never updates / can't download...

Discus and support Is MS throttling downloads on Xbox One? MS Store app never updates / can't download... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; THE PROBLEM: BL: can't download new games or apps (otherwise console fully functional) -- I have 4 consoles and experienced the same problem at the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Need Help Thanks, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Is MS throttling downloads on Xbox One? MS Store app never updates / can't download...

THE PROBLEM:

BL: can't download new games or apps (otherwise console fully functional) -- I have 4 consoles and experienced the same problem at the same time (2 are Xbox One S and 2 are Xbox Ones)

My downloads/updates on xbox live seem to be throttled by MS and not my ISP or a lack of bandwidth.

Specifically, I have a fiber connection, and when I initiate a download, the speed starts out fast (~80mb/s) then within the first minute or so drops off to less than 1mb/s, then download speed is blank and the download ultimately times out.

Two apps were successfully downloaded: Netflix & Amazon Video. I stream just fine on the same device (Xbox One S)

THE SPECS:

I'm on a single-user, high-speed, network with 4 xbox consoles connected.

All devices have strong uninterrupted bandwidth.

All devices have been working fine for 4 months since moving to this location, to include many large game and app downloads.

I'm running a ASUS AC2400 4x4 Dual Band Gigabit Router; running thru ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 and all devices have high connectivity

Xbox One Settings Console Speed test (wifi) shows down speed ~70mb/s and up speed ~12mb/s

ISP is Xfinity

THE QUESTIONS:

Is MS throttling download speeds intentionally or unintentionally?

Is this the result of bottlenecking from too many concurrent users downloading from the same server (I imagine the initial spike in download speed makes a good case here?)

If so, is there a way to switch download servers mid download?

Are there additional settings in my xbox to take advantage of this lost bandwidth?

What Steps I've tried:

Power cycleSoft reset

Hard reset

Wire and unwired

Saving to Internal and external drives (each with 500+ GB space free)

On one console even tried the manual update via thumb drive with MS tech on the phone -- no luck, they said my console busted, yet it streams Netflix and Amazon just fine -- they are the only apps that downloaded after the hard reset

Where I'm left -- all 4 consoles work, but I can't download new games / apps.

Whenever I watch Netflix about 10 minutes in, on all 4 consoles this happens, the MS Store App tries and fails an update...and a message pops saying "update stopped" It seems like this New MS Store App is at the heart of all my troubles.

Anyhow, I've been suffering for 4 weeks now with no luck... If somebody has experienced this (I've seen other posts with this exact same issue, all closed, but never with a confirmed/definitive solution) please help. Thank you!

One of those similar posts was by mykreau titled "

Xbox Live downloads being throttled or bottlenecked?"

:)

Need Help Thanks, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC - Download speeds the worst I have experienced since dial up, Steam,Epic,Orgin all downloading fine.

I have done some checking today, downloading things from the Xbox App and MS Store on a network connection that has a maximum of 78MB/s:

MS Store: Download speeds, once they get going, maintain a speed of between 55 and 65MB/s. 80-90% of my maximum speed is acceptable

Xbox App: Download Speeds maintain a speed of between 5-8MB/s.

The XBox App I tried about an hour after trying on the MS Store today so no major difference. Given how buggy and poor the Xbox App is, am not surprised.

Of course, this doesn't help with your slow speeds via the MS Store!
  3. Grzegorz Standura Win User

Game pass for PC bugged.

The problem is in the microsoft store. The Xbox app cannot see ms store. You will run all the games you have installed, but you will not download the game and application from ms store.
  4. CrazY1985 Win User

Ark Survival

you can download this from the ms store app after signing in with your ms account.
  5. AleksandrSARA Win User

Forza Horizon 5 not downloading on XBOX APP

yes because thats the only one game , i purchased from Microsoft Store, when it was not crossed with xbox app everything was fine, i have no clue who thought of idea , that its better to download client from xbox app, when i could download it from ms store everything was working fine... What can i do? i played the game for whole month and after update its just ruined, i can't reinstall it because downlaod is not starting of that error code...........
  6. Korhog Win User

gears 5 for windows 10

You can download Gears 5 from the xbox app or ms store in windows 10
Thema:

Is MS throttling downloads on Xbox One? MS Store app never updates / can't download...

1. Is MS throttling downloads on Xbox One? MS Store app never updates / can't download... - Similar Threads - throttling downloads Store

2. CPU throttling?

in XBoX on Windows
    CPU throttling?: My r7 5800x is throttling whenever I am playing games. This also occurs while running cinebench test with all cores. Earlier, I was running cinebench to monitor my temps and frequencies. During...
  3. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  4. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  5. Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS: I have two installs of MSFS; one in Steam and one on Xbox Gamepass on my PC. I also have a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS. This HOTAS works great on the Steam install. On the Xbox GP install it has a weird...
  6. Who else thinks whoever throttled MS rewards should be fired?

in XBoX on Windows
    Who else thinks whoever throttled MS rewards should be fired?: This stinks if some new VP who thinks they can move the needle, but it's moving in the wrong direction. Throttling searches, establishing time limits in 15 minute intervals, altering code so...
  7. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  8. How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11: I've looked into a few different threads regarding this question, and I've found that they all give the same answer, to set the download rates in delivery optimization, but in my case, % based...
  9. why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years.: after looking over everything on a brand new pc with gigabit internet, there is no reason that at any point in time im stuck between 8 and 9 mbs. everyone has this issue and you refuse to look...
  10. Could you help for the throttle quadrant to work again when adding power on Flight Sim.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could you help for the throttle quadrant to work again when adding power on Flight Sim.: I have a PC and it was all working well but due to a recent update I had to reinstall FlightSim. Prior I had the Boeing yoke all set up and the power/throttle worked correctly. So when I pushed...