Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media?

Discus and support Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know the Series S can't play disc-based games but is Microsoft planning on starting a program where you can trade in physical copies for digital... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JustinKolosky, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media?

I know the Series S can't play disc-based games but is Microsoft planning on starting a program where you can trade in physical copies for digital copies? I guess having a game installed on an Xbox One wouldn't help since it can't differentiate between owned games and rented/traded games but I still feel screwed by having to buy two copies of the same game because Microsoft won't honor the original purchases. I feel that Microsoft did a poor job not making this fact more well-known, especially for casual gamers who don't do intensive research into the specifics of what's doable and what's not (like me, for example.)

:)

JustinKolosky, Jul 30, 2021
  2. JustinKolosky Win User

Thanks, friends. I figured that was the case. Appreciate the help!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry about that at first. Unfortunately, there is no program made officially by Microsoft for this purpose, but for future updates in the Xbox gaming world, I recommend you go to the official Xbox news site, all new things implemented by Microsoft about Xbox are posted on the site below.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/
  4. ngocphi Win User

Your friendly neighborhood gamestop will be happy to take your disks

Taking in disks means ms would have to apply for every city a pawn shop license it's not practical

And it wouldn't be a straight trade why would it you paid the publisher not ms for the game

That would be something to ask the individual publishers of your games
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

For now unfortunately, there is no such program!

However, please feel free to share your suggestions and feedback by visiting feedback.xbox.com as that is the right place for your voice to be heard!
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

MICROSOFT TITLE TRADE-IN PROGRAM

As Rippen said, this was in Xbox One's original plans. If the media and everyone else had actually LOOKED at what Ms was offering along with the DRM plans, not only would we be able to trade in our digital games, we would also be able to trade DLC
    add on content too!
    I knew they were going to allow disc-less playback but where did they announce that they were working on a trade-in program for digital content?
Thema:

1. Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media? - Similar Threads - Microsoft working trade

2. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  3. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  4. Settings and Microsoft Store not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Settings and Microsoft Store not working: Hello, I've been having performance issues and game crashes on my Xbox One S recently, so I tried to check my settings for an update. When I tried to open settings, I got error code 0x807e1000a,...
  5. Microsoft Call Back Doesn't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Call Back Doesn't Work: I'm having issue with my controller after it was serviced while still in warranty. Been trying to contact support for days but still no call back, can't even chat with a human. I'm in the US with...
  6. Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Rewards isn't working beacuse of my location: Microsoft Rewards on my xbox isn't working. When I try to open it's saying Update your console's location. I go to System > Settings > System > Language & location but my location isn't there?...
  7. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  8. Microsoft Photos App not working

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Photos App not working: Recently tried to use this again. Doesn't show any pictures. Please fix this. submitted by /u/ONI5 [link] [comments]
  9. My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft Apps are not working on my PC, and I want to download the Roblox Microsoft...: but other Microsoft apps are working like Microsoft Edge, Settings, ETC. 0644f333-db2a-436f-9fd9-fa9a7e0a2bf8
  10. What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox: NFL and Fox sports apps are garbage on Xbox but work everywhere else... Why? 77ebc054-d3de-4aae-9610-a27fbe91e2f9