Is Microsoft selling refurbished Xbox's as new for the Holiday Edition sale?

Discus and support Is Microsoft selling refurbished Xbox's as new for the Holiday Edition sale? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a new Xbox Series S for Christmas, the Holiday Edition Sale and noticed that Best Buy was selling the same exact console on sale and not on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen Escher, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Is Microsoft selling refurbished Xbox's as new for the Holiday Edition sale?

I bought a new Xbox Series S for Christmas, the Holiday Edition Sale and noticed that Best Buy was selling the same exact console on sale and not on sale at the same time. How can you sell the same exact product at two different prices at the same time? I asked them the difference between the normal Xbox S and the Holiday Edition and they said there is no difference but the sale. Why have two identical products for sale which one of cost more. Is this even legal? Anyway, the Xbox S has been a nightmare and I spent hours upon hours trying to troubleshoot and fix it because every game was crashing the same exact way consistently. As someone working in IT for almost 20 years, this gave me the impression this was not a software problem, but hardware. So I return it to Best Buy for another Xbox S. Well, wouldn't you know it... this one is even worse. This Xbox S is making a terrible clicking sound as if the fan is broke or hasn't been put on properly. This made me think, refurbish teams only turn the console on and go through the main menu, they do not test a game, thus they had no idea that the fan when needing extra power would make this sound. Thats two broken Xbox Series S's in a row. What are the odds of that? If I received two broken Xbox's in a row, what does that say about the quality of these Xbox's Microsoft is selling if every two Xbox's sold were faulty.

People never questioned why Microsoft is losing money on every Xbox sold. The general masses believe its because Microsoft is willingly losing money to make a superior product. Well this just isn't the case but actually the complete opposite. Microsoft is losing money because of the amount of problems people have been having with these products and are sending them back. When I asked the girl at Bestbuy have you been getting alot of these returned (Xbox's) she laughed and said yea.

As someone in IT for almost 20 years having never personally experienced this before, what alterative could there be for this mishap and the return of hundreds of thousands of Xbox's (Both S and X) for overheating, crashing, and fan issues. I'm merely trying to be logical about this because I am completely stunned that something like this could even happen. As to why I am so set on this idea is that Microsoft was sued before for willingly selling faulty Xbox's. Is this case any different?

Microsoft charges the full price for a repair which is sent to underpaid employees in Mexico. Is Microsoft willingly selling defective items in the hopes that those less knowledgeable will keep it past warranty and send it for repairs, thus making additional profit off of a faulty console.

Is there a Microsoft representative on here that can explain to me what is going on? Thank you.

16 CFR § 20.1 states that a law suit can be filed for selling refurbished or returned products as new.

:)

Stephen Escher, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Stephen, as this forum is open to the public and unfortunately, as independent consultants, we do not have access to some data like this.

Ideally, contact Xbox support to see if you can get any information about it.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  3. ngocphi Win User

They dont

Every retailer can run their own promotiom

It may not carry across the board it's whenever the retailer in this case ms store will.sell.enough unit to carry the loss in a nlbumdle

The same thing happens with ps sony will.have sales BestBuy wont

Same with gamestop vs BestBuy etc thought probably not much difference usually 10 -50 dollars depending on yr bundle
  4. DARK ALEXANDRA Win User

Consumer Fraud Abuse

Perhaps I did not explain it clear enough. Microsoft knowingly & willingly sent out & is sending out refurbished units as NEW! to sell to be sold to consumers. So gamestop is not responsible for a thing unless they are in on this scam which grotesquely violate
    all consumer rights by knowingly selling refurbished units as new. I as said filed my original complaint with Microsoft may 5 of this year after the unit failed after 3 months of use. I can guarantee you that there is no way in hell a Xbox made at the beginning
    of the year in 2013 would still be on the shelf at the beginning of 2014 due to the holidays it is absolutely impossible. I BTW again bought the bundle earlier this year.

So this is all on Microsoft no one else. I have a current replacement order yet they refuse to send the replacement bundle to replace the one that was defective.
  5. Ultra Aeon Win User

How to tell Original vs Factory Refurbished Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller ?

The seller said these are new.

That's the thing, the seller is just a store employee, he may not know if it's new or refurbished. Or maybe he knew and lied to me to make a quick sale.

Either way, I can't independently verify myself.

If there is no way to tell them apart how would a seller know what he is selling ? He could be deceived by their supplier. I know a few stores here that sells both refurbished and new controllers. If someone accidentally mixed their stock items then the
    seller wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
  6. FullHornet Win User

More free games from MS

The Xbox One has already outsold the Xbox 360 for being on sale the same amount of time. How could the shareholders not be happy. There will probably be a bigger surge in sales once the sale starts that will run through the holidays. Halo and COD will
    both sell systems if the past is any indication.
Thema:

1. Is Microsoft selling refurbished Xbox's as new for the Holiday Edition sale? - Similar Threads - Microsoft selling refurbished

2. Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.: Because everytime I check it’s only 1TB there but when I check in other stores they have them but they’re over priced. Also on the website it said they’re going for around $89.99 but again when I...
  3. Why does xbox sell Microsoft wallet funds?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does xbox sell Microsoft wallet funds?: It's entirely ridiculous a person can buy the money card add funds to get a subscription but then your still required to put in a cc to buy said subscription or you can't buy the subscription,...
  4. Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?: As much as I have been behind Microsoft. I think they are doing the gaming community an injustice by allowing their patent to be used by 3rd part companies that create controllers made to last...
  5. Microsoft must be stopped from selling DLCS and then removing games this must be a breach...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft must be stopped from selling DLCS and then removing games this must be a breach...: Hello Everyone, if any is a lawyer please get in contact with me as i would like to sue Microsoft for this horrible marketing scheme. It is crazy t charge for DLCS take your money and then remove...
  6. is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...: is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying access to play my games 7124738a-ec15-4bfe-86f0-294fce001ebe
  7. Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?: I moved from the US to the UK. I need to buy a new power cord because the outlet is different. I haven’t found any information on how to do that besides buying one from Amazon which could void my...
  8. When will Microsoft sell replacement parts for my two $180 paperweights?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft sell replacement parts for my two $180 paperweights?: I have two elite series 2 controllers. One I purchased brand new and never had any issues besides the rubber grips coming up, until a stick completely failed... it feels like the insides crumbled,...
  9. Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.: Hi there, I need a letter from Microsoft to sell my xbox console on Amazon. How do I get one? 9c595781-1217-4dfb-8cea-65120697b86a
  10. do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...: do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not work,if so how much. b54ad1e5-607a-48b6-ae51-2c28585729ba