Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today? And How Do I Check?

Discus and support Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today? And How Do I Check? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="DanteSparda504"] The XBox one version isn't coming till later. [/quote] hahahahahahaha, thanks for that dude #inside joke In all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Defy Lightning, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Scrtch
    Scrtch Guest

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

The XBox one version isn't coming till later.

[/quote]

hahahahahahaha, thanks for that dude #inside joke

In all seriousness, I've not played a Magic Game besides the cards. Are the games good? Is the Black Lotus still a thing? Wish the Xbox One version was out because I kind of want to try it out. GG will teach me.

Scrtch, Jul 16, 2014
  2. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    Black Lotus is still one of the most valuable if not the most valuable card for the game that exist.

FullHornet, Jul 16, 2014
  3. Black Lotus has been banned from all play, Scratch, and for good reason - it was the most broken card in MtG history.

And yes, the games are good. If you already have a basic idea of how to play MtG, the games on Xbox actually make it easier because it automates a lot of the processes you would do with the actual cards like tapping, untapping, drawing, etc.

In any case, because I'm impatient, I downloaded the trial to the game on my Xbox 360. Overall it's really good. Here's a few things that I noticed:

- The tutorial is really good; better than it was in previous games - in this 1, there is room for you to make mistakes during the tutorial so you actually learn from them.

- The end of the tutorial puts you in full control over a duel against a really mean red-green deck. Playing on medium difficulty (there are 3 settings - easy, medium, and hard), I STILL lost 4x before finally winning.

- Before that tutorial duel, you get to choose 2 colors for your starting deck. I tried blue-black, blue-red, blue-green, blue-white, and finally won with green-white.

- As you win matches you earn new cards that you can use to modify or build new decks with through booster packs.

- When I finally won, I only won 1 card, but it was a white rare to supplement my deck - it had a really cool ability that basically read, "when this card comes into play, if you have less life than your starting life total, your health goes back to its
    starting amount." How awesome is that!? It's like a free reset button that doesn't reset your opponent! LOL!

- Single player consists of series of duels in various realms from MtG: Ravnica, Innistrad, etc. (each of which has its own themes).

- If you pause the game during a duel, there are options to concede the duel (forfeit), restart (single-player only), a new feature that shows you info on the board (which is great for new players), as well as a few other things.

- it's been a staple in most MtGIs Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today?  And How Do I Check? :DotP games, but I figured it's worth mentioning to new players, that if you're never sure about an ability or text on a card, simply press RB to bring up a description of how that ability works.

- Actions have been streamlined; for example, when attacking A is to attack with a selected creature, while X is to attack with all creatures, Y is to continue, and B is to withdrawal a selected creature from attacking. This makes things much faster than
    in the past.

- The background was blurry and pixelated; if this occurs on the Xbox One version, I'm going to be very upset.

- There were options to use the Xbox Live vision camera in the game (but not the Kinect); this makes me wonder if we'll be able to use our Kinect on the Xbox One to see each other as we duel (which, IMO, is far better than the limited selection of default
    character portraits you can choose from, although they are pretty cool in their own way).

- The storyline is actually really good this time around. A planeswalker named Garruk (who represents the color green via nature and the hunt) has been cursed (and is now represented by not only green, but black as well - the latter of which is representative
    of death and decay) and as a result of his curse is now on a hunt across the planes for the ultimate trophy - other planeswalkers; namely you. Gotta love it. Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today?  And How Do I Check? :)

As usual, if you have any questions or need help regarding anything MtG, I'd be more than happy to help. Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today?  And How Do I Check? ;)

Galactic Geek, Jul 16, 2014
  4. Judge
    Judge Guest

*Checks calendar* ....come on Magic XB1 edition...

-.-

(Let's see who reads the title and comes in here upset Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today?  And How Do I Check? :p)

Judge, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Haha necromancy!

I might get it if it comes to the One. The demo on the 360 was alright. I loved 2013 when it was free but when I played the demo I wasn't as engaged for some reason. Maybe I had that been there done that moment but it just wasn't as awesome as the first
    one imo.

Defy Lightning, Sep 30, 2014
  6. Please come soon. I really want to start playing again. I used to love playing. My infinite life/infinite fireball deck, Black lotus decks, Swords to Plowshares and many more.

DIY LobotoMEd, Sep 30, 2014
  7. I'm afraid summer has come and gone - I'm starting to wonder if we were victims of false advertising. :'(

Galactic Geek, Sep 30, 2014
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I'm still eagerly awaiting this games release.

brandiesel1, Sep 30, 2014
  9. Judge
    Judge Guest
    @ Galactic - I asked my press contact last week and he said it was still scheduled for release, but could not give me a exact time frame. Hold out hope!

Judge, Oct 12, 2014
  10. Fingers are crossed - thanks for checking up on it. Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today?  And How Do I Check? ;)

Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

Fingers are crossed - thanks for checking up on it. ;)
  12. Judge Win User

*Checks calendar* ....come on Magic XB1 edition...

-.-

(Let's see who reads the title and comes in here upset :p)
  13. Azrael008uk Win User

I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
  14. Azrael008uk Win User

15. disc frolf Win User

I haven't seen anything stating that but then again Wikipedia isn't a credible source for release dates either. I'm still gonna check as soon as i get home today
Thema:

1. Is Magic The Gathering 2015 Out Today? And How Do I Check? - Similar Threads - Magic Gathering 2015

2. Option missing from menu "Make it magic"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Option missing from menu "Make it magic": In the support page the option of "Make it fast, make it magic" is available. but that option for easy login does not show on my Xbox console [img] 70c7ccea-a8c7-4d49-92a2-3a5bc3dd11d4
  3. Is it my imagination, or is there an inordinate amount of bots in the Magic Jigsaw...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it my imagination, or is there an inordinate amount of bots in the Magic Jigsaw...: I've been playing magic jigsaw for a while, and started working puzzles for the leagues, just for fun. I've noticed quite often lately that a lot of the "names" are just random letters and numbers...
  4. i keep having driver time out issues when playing magic the gathering arena and i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep having driver time out issues when playing magic the gathering arena and i don't...: i keep having driver time out issues when playing magic the gathering arena and i don't know what to do to stop it it's happen consistently this month and at least twice everytime *** Moved from...
  5. Disney magic kingdom recovery microsoft graph account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney magic kingdom recovery microsoft graph account?: Gameloft says I need to recover account thru microsoft graph account. Update game. Did this still no game, d9191109-6393-4235-91a7-bb87d8c0b054
  6. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 complete. i can't join online multi player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Heroes of Might and Magic 3 complete. i can't join online multi player: heroes 3 complete multi player keeps saying. That IP Address was not found 5a5f25c7-0351-4e26-a667-a6d318ea18f4
  7. Disney Magic Kingdoms- I Have Having Problems Connecting to My Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disney Magic Kingdoms- I Have Having Problems Connecting to My Microsoft Account: I have been having problems connecting to my Microsoft Account in the game. The game disconnects me and when I try to reconnect by entering my name and password, the game just hangs and then...
  8. Cant open some games for now i can not open might & magic heroes VI and valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open some games for now i can not open might & magic heroes VI and valorant: When i try to open them its just a black screen and i have tried every thing so if you think you have something please come with it 582d00c1-67fe-419f-9bfd-018c6d954eb1
  9. Searching games like magic chess

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Searching games like magic chess: Hello guys, Searching games like tactic, chess crush, magic chess. Maybe can help find games or tags? ac0295ed-7192-486a-b5b1-07325ca792d7
  10. Magic Jigsaw Puzzles error message 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Magic Jigsaw Puzzles error message 0x803F8001: I am having intermittent trouble signing in and keep getting an error message 0x803F8001 - The message reads that Magic Jigsaw Puzzles are not available in our account which they are as we have...