Is Kinect mandatory

Discus and support Is Kinect mandatory in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Part of the reason i;ve been holding out on buyin' a One is because of Kinect. Its fine a dandy if you want one but I dont. I feel i'm being forced to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by muckypup75, Jan 4, 2014.

1. muckypup75
    muckypup75 Guest

Is Kinect mandatory

Part of the reason i;ve been holding out on buyin' a One is because of Kinect. Its fine a dandy if you want one but I dont. I feel i'm being forced to pay a hundred dollars more then ps4 owners for a game system that i want. I have a Kinect now for my 360
    and its hardly ever hooked up. The games suck. Is there any plans by Microsoft to sell a system without it?

:)

muckypup75, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    Ign: Ask Microsoft anything about Xbox one

I hope someone asks why Kinect is mandatory.

Burst Axe, Jan 4, 2014
  3. ARSMETAL
    ARSMETAL Guest
    Question for Xbox One Users

The Kinect is not mandatory with the Xbox One.

ARSMETAL, Jan 4, 2014
  4. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest

Is Kinect mandatory

No it's not mandatory. No they will never sell it without it. You really should just give it a try. Not sure why some people are too stubborn to give it a shots even a just a second voice controller it's quite handy.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 4, 2014
  5. You don't have to have it but it genuinely is worth finding a small space for, calibrating and then, if you really don't want to, never use again. I mainly just have mine for using a voice command when I can't find something and scanning QR codes. I rarely
    use it but I go it so I may aswell have it there and ready.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 4, 2014
  6. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest
    Not needed but I recommend you at least try your friends or something. It comes in handy give it a shot.

PorQ 201, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Uncle Rastas
    Uncle Rastas Guest
    Dust, I never had Kinect 1 with my Xbox 360 and never wanted one, but Xbox One Kinect is awesome man! One of the best examples where it shines is in Battlefield 4 game! Its just total pwnage Is Kinect mandatory :)

And its just a beginning!

Uncle Rastas, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Is Kinect mandatory

The new Kinect is really good and very handy to use. I like coming home and, before I even have my coat off, I say, "Xbox...On" and it's on, the TV is on and the surround sound is on. I walk into view and I'm signed in.

It's also handy for navigating or getting a game running quickly. "Xbox, go to Killer Instinct" even if it that game isn't visible on your home screen.

When it's time for bed, it's a simple "Xbox, Turn Off" and then "Yes". Sure beats messing with the remotes.

The Jimbotron, Jan 4, 2014
  9. THE PRIS0NER
    THE PRIS0NER Guest
    This isn't the Kinect you're used to. Kinect 2 is awesome and I was a huge critic of it before I saw tried it.

THE PRIS0NER, Jan 4, 2014
  10. 360 Kinect is depressing to use now.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 4, 2014
  11. Ace Eyed Ace
    Ace Eyed Ace Guest
    Im on that Dust - I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want Kinect, but feel a bit robbed to have to pay additional. I have heard a lot of good things about Kinect, but it still does not interest me whatsoever! I want a games console to play games, not all
    this media cr*p that comes with it - tv, youtube, facebook, twitter!

I believe, Microsoft are going to do an Xbox One without Kinect in the future, how true this is, I don't know, but if your dead set against Kinect 2.0 then maybe it's worth waiting 6 months to see what happens.

I on the other hand are buying an Xbox One soon, but plan on not using the Kinect for anything but 'Xbox On... Xbox Off'

Ace Eyed Ace, Jan 6, 2014
  12. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest
    No it isnt, I dont use mine personally since I've found no use for it besides volume up/down

Thanatos465, Jan 6, 2014
  13. Is Kinect mandatory

Microsoft said they have no plans of releasing the Xbox One without the Kinect, but I think Microsoft will release the Xbox One without the Kinect to try and match PS4's price tag. I used to
    be anti-Kinect myself because of the Kinect 1, but I got to try out the Kinect 2 at a friends and I love it. Navigating the UI is made easier with voice commands and I cannot play BF4 without the Kinect - voice commands, head tracker and the leaning feature.

BHC Bluez n 2z, Jan 6, 2014
  14. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    If MS had put a mic in the controller and allowed voice commands for games on that would that make it better?

However kinect is so much more, and also in its infancy at the moment but it will become a major part of gaming on the Xbox one and I welcome it.

Its briefly on Ryse for a few voice commands, but the good things are yet to come.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 6, 2014
  15. Ace Eyed Ace
    Ace Eyed Ace Guest
    Can you explain how Kinect makes BF4 better??

Ace Eyed Ace, Jan 6, 2014
Thema:

Is Kinect mandatory

1. Is Kinect mandatory - Similar Threads - Kinect mandatory

2. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  5. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  6. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  7. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  9. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  10. Kinect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect issue: Good day, so I recently got my Xbox one updated using the latest offline update software, set up went well, however upon trying to plug in my Kinect I am met with an error "there was a problem...