Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move...

Discus and support Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I knew the Series S didn't have the most storage but I wasn't expecting 360 GB.... My Xbox One X went bad on me and I was required to do an upgrade but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IconicNoobMe, May 17, 2023.

1. IconicNoobMe
    IconicNoobMe Guest

Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move...

I knew the Series S didn't have the most storage but I wasn't expecting 360 GB.... My Xbox One X went bad on me and I was required to do an upgrade but with my money being a bit short I had to get the Series S instead of the Series X. To my surprise I wasn't expecting all the games with the Enhanced settings on them to be forced on and now unable to work with my External Hard Drive. Prior to the "upgrade" they were compatible and installable onto the external but now that I'm on the Series S and the games are forced to be "enhanced" they are no longer compatible. I would like to know if it's possible to remove the enhanced setting so that I can move them to my external hard drive.

:)

IconicNoobMe, May 17, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move them to my external?

Well. No.two things

First they aren't incompatible you are skipping a step

First next gen games can't run on old.technology.

You can store the games on the external hdd but you cant run them

If you really.really want to downgrade you will just have to delete the.games and download.the old.copy and not .accept .the patches

How that goes for.you well is upto you

Keep.in mind non patched games .don't.get fps or storage enhancements and may become bigger since you aren't.using the built in on the fly compression chip

Smart delivery deliveres.the best version of the game.for.your console .and.storage but since you are using older tech like 20 years old and 8x less speed you can't take.advantage of.the new compression tech on newer consoles
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move them to my external?

you can still move them to your external hard drive you just can't play them from that drive. Smart delivery will always deliver you the series version of the game

most people just move games back-and-forth
  4. Smwutches Win User

Seagate harddrive from XB1S to series s

You can just plug and play from the hard drive without having to reformat it. However, any games that are Series S/X enhanced will only run from the internal drive or the Seagate expansion card, so there may be some games you'll have to move over.

A network transfer would move them over, but just plugging in the hard drive is faster.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will there be Xbox One X Enhancement patches on the Series X?

Hi,

I doubt you'll get a direct answer from here, not from the Microsoft tech team anyway. But as I understand it, Series X will run all Xbox One games and all the games currently BC for Xbox One. This will include the Xbox One X enhanced titles.

The Series S will not be able to run enhanced titles. Instead it will run them as Xbox One base games, but, it will apply it's own enhancements instead.

Why can't Series S run Xbox One X enhanced games?

So, you would think that being that the series S is also a next gen system it should run Xbox One enhanced titles, but it can't. The reason is quite a simple one, RAM (Random Access Memory). The Xbox One X has 12 GB of RAM, which around 9 is usable for games.
    The Series S only has around 8 GB.

Pushing high resolution textures and indeed 4K resolutions (or near 4K) requires lots or RAM. But to keep costs low, Series S has less RAM.

The series S won't run Xbox One games exactly how the original Xbox One runs them. It will still run them better. Which means better frame rates and better resolutions, but it can't run Xbox One games that have enhancements for the Xbox One X. They will
    still work, but they won't be enhanced. I'm not sure about Xbox 360 enhanced titles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move... - Similar Threads - possible remove Enhanced

2. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  3. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  4. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  5. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...: Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email account from the Microsoft servers? The situation: we set up our son's Xbox account when he was a small...
  8. Any help on a possibly corrupt xbox series s? Short shock upon Seagate card removal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any help on a possibly corrupt xbox series s? Short shock upon Seagate card removal: [img] Hey guys. So. I move my xbox and take it with me everywhere. It's a series S. I have the Seagate card. Well, I unplugged my xbox. Power first. Then my memory card as not to hit it and make...
  9. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  10. Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?: Please add a feature to permanently remove a game from your Xbox library. I know games can be hidden, but I want to be able to permanently disassociate my account from a game....