Is it possible to recover a hacked Microsoft account if the email was changed

Discus and support Is it possible to recover a hacked Microsoft account if the email was changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Microsoft account with Minecraft on it was hacked 1 day prior to this post by some Russian, he changed the email to his own and now I can't find a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Blake 7502, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Blake 7502
    Blake 7502 Guest

My Microsoft account with Minecraft on it was hacked 1 day prior to this post by some Russian, he changed the email to his own and now I can't find a way to get back in. How can I recover my account?

:)

Blake 7502, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, as I understand your concerns about the privacy of your account and how annoying not being able to access it can be. Situations where our email account with personal information, contacts, messages and even our documents are really involved are a little more delicate.

When the hacker manages to change the password, and the account alias, it is because he also has access to security information, as well as, cell phone, alternative email that you yourself registered in your account.

Unfortunately, when the hacker manages to change the account's security information, the account is hardly recoverable. That's why it's very important to keep your security info up to date and use different passwords across all platforms.

Even if you create the account with the same domain as before, you will not be able to view your games, subscriptions and emails, as it is a new account.

I'm a user like you and there's not much I can do in the community as visibility is public. Contact MSA Support and see if you can follow the Account Takeover (ATO), investigation is done on a case-by-case basis.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to clarify it. Hugs!

It was a pleasure interacting with you on this thread. Big hug! :)
  3. Ankoku Tengi Win User

"Your Xbox LIVE membership information isn't valid."

There are two possible explanations:

1. You information just isn't valid.

2. Someone hacked your account, by recovering it and changing the email password.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

MICROSOFT ACC LINKED TO MINECRAFT ACC DELETED AND NEED SOLUTION FOR HOW TO RETRIEVE IT SINCE I CANT LOGIN TO MY MC ACC.

> microsoft account support sent me an email saying your security info was added/deleted to microsoft acc and with that below there was a random email given which dint belong to me

Whoever hacked your account changed it to their own email, or a throwaway email. This unfortunately does not change the situation. As I have stated on multiple occasions, I am afraid it won't be possible to recover your account under any circumstance. Once the email gets changed, that's it, nothing else can be done now.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Is there a way to get my hacked account back

Hello Brian, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm truly sorry to hear that your account has been hacked, when this situation occur, we can try to recover the affected account by using the Microsoft interactive guide below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

If none of the methods worked and the hacker managed to replace your security information and the email address.
    I know the next reply can be frustrating, but I'm afraid to say that's not possible to recover this account

Please keep in mind that no one at Microsoft can view or change the account details for you, this is for security policies
  6. WattyNuela Win User

I have No longer access to my account (My account has been hacked)

Hello Ahmed, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm truly sorry to hear that your account has been hacked, when this situation occur, we can try to recover the affected account by using the Microsoft interactive guide below

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

If none of the methods worked and the hacker managed to replace your security information and the email address.

I know the next reply can be frustrating, but I'm afraid to say that's not possible to recover this account

Please keep in mind that no one at Microsoft can view or change the account details for you, this is for security policies
Thema:

1. Is it possible to recover a hacked Microsoft account if the email was changed - Similar Threads - possible recover hacked

2. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  3. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  4. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  5. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  8. Is it possible to recover my save file?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to recover my save file?: I let a child play with my account and they deleted all my progress in starfield. Is there a way to recover my character? e9af0f6d-9644-4d56-9e62-4020c4f6027a
  9. Can i possibly recover my banned account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i possibly recover my banned account?: Hi, my name is Dylan i like report than my microsoft account was banned due too a exploit with xbox app. They can have a separate app too i guess constantly repeat Report on my account. Thats how...
  10. Is it possible to recover games from a deleted account I do not remember the login...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to recover games from a deleted account I do not remember the login...: It's an account from 2013-2014 and I think the email associated with it was deleted maybe mid Mar-early May 2021 based on the last unlocked achievement. The game(s) in question are Assassin's...