Is it possible to play a game on a non subscription Xbox One

Discus and support Is it possible to play a game on a non subscription Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I currently own an Xbox One S which I have a monthly ultimate subscription and have purchased games online. I have a buddy who recently purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dayyan28, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Dayyan28
    Dayyan28 Guest

Hi

I currently own an Xbox One S which I have a monthly ultimate subscription and have purchased games online.

I have a buddy who recently purchased a used Xbox One 1st gen, he is unable to afford a monthly subscription nor have the internet at his place as he does not earn that much.

Is it possible if I purchase games on my profile and download it to my machine and copy it to his? and would he be able to play them without an Ultimate/Gold subscription and no internet as he is a cricket fanatic and wants to purchase Cricket 19 but here
    i South Africa all places are sold out and no one is selling this specific game as used either.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dayyan28, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Hello

I only know one way to allow you to play a game without a subscription

To make it play Criket 19 you must give it as a gift by following the steps below:

1 Find a game on the Microsoft store or on the Xbox One console.

2 Select Buy as a gift from the online store list.

3 Select Choose from the list of Xbox friends.

4 Choose a member from the list of friends that appears.

5 Enter the sender's name (can also be used to send a small message).

6 Confirm the payment details to complete the transaction.
    Which wont work as his friend has no internet.

Your friend would either need a physical copy of the game,bring his xbox to yours to connect to live & purchase a digital copy that way & while connected make sure it is set as his home console & switched to offline mode.
  3. UnquietTulipaaa Win User

Hello

I only know one way to allow you to play a game without a subscription

To make it play Criket 19 you must give it as a gift by following the steps below:

1 Find a game on the Microsoft store or on the Xbox One console.

2 Select Buy as a gift from the online store list.

3 Select Choose from the list of Xbox friends.

4 Choose a member from the list of friends that appears.

5 Enter the sender's name (can also be used to send a small message).

6 Confirm the payment details to complete the transaction.
  4. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Xbox live account

Hi there. Unfortunately what you're asking for is not possible. Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, Microsoft points, achievements, Gamerscore etc are all non transferrable from one account to another.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Game pass ultimate sharing among two xbox ones

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. Typically no it isn't supposed to work that way when you are on the non home Xbox under a different profile than the one with the subscription. The best way to do this would have the profile that owns
    the Ultimate subscription play on the non home Xbox. All other profiles, would play on the Home Xbox. The way it is supposed to work on the non home Xbox only if the primary account is logged in.

Here a link
    that sums it up quick.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Live Gold

The non-gold requirement for free to play games is currently in testing by Xbox Insiders, so it shouldn't too long before you can play a free to play game without the need of a subscription.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to play a game on a non subscription Xbox One - Similar Threads - possible play game

2. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  3. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  4. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  5. Is remote play possible on Mac?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is remote play possible on Mac?: I just wanted to do remote play on my Mac since the TV was being used by other people, and I didn't have access to my phone so it was the only thing I had, but I couldn't find any way to remote...
  6. On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?: On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely? c498ce13-e75a-4a5c-891c-2e27b273fc66
  7. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  8. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  9. Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?: Hello, I just got the Xbox Series X and i noticed that when i have Spotify playing and a game running it will stop the audio for a second when switching to the starting menu and vice versa. Is it...
  10. Is it possible to get my money back from a game that was pre ordered but won’t let me play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get my money back from a game that was pre ordered but won’t let me play?: Am trying to play the New MW3 but it won’t let me even though I’ve pre ordered it and money was taken out of my account. If it’s possible I just want my money back so I can retry it....