Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have...

Discus and support Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Around 4 days ago i got hacked by a "phising scam" i dont really know how it works but it was via a minecraft server. I no longer have acsess to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by iOwnRazer, Feb 14, 2023.

1. iOwnRazer
    iOwnRazer Guest

Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have...

Around 4 days ago i got hacked by a "phising scam" i dont really know how it works but it was via a minecraft server. I no longer have acsess to my microsoft account which is conntected to my minecraft account. I have tried multiple things still havent been able to get it back. I also have the email where the hacker deleted my security info. Does anyone know if microsoft can try to get my account back and if they can do anything about it. Thanks. "this is my other microsoft account by the way"

:)

iOwnRazer, Feb 14, 2023
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have my account anymore

Hey there, iOwnRazer

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Microsoft has an account recovery process. This means you can fill out the account recovery form here: Account recovery form (live.com)

Please try providing as much information as possible on the form. This will allow the account team to verify that you are the owner of the account. Filling the form out on an device that has been signed into your Microsoft account will help too. More information on how to complete this form can be found in this article here: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have my account anymore

If the form isn't coming back with results, please can you try and reach out to Xbox Support via this link: Contact us | Xbox Support

When you click onto contact us, please choose the following categories.

• What are you having trouble with: Account & Profile,
    • What's the issue: I forgot my username or email,
    • Describe your issue: Enter a brief description.
    After you have done this, please click next.

It will provide you with some options where you can view some articles that may help with the problem. Please ignore these. Instead, click onto See contact options in the green box towards the top of the window.

On the list of available options, please use the request call option. For me, this is grayed out as it is currently 21:58 and Xbox support is closed. However, for you, I am hoping it is open. If not, try again when they are open.

The screenshot underneath shows the steps in one image, that you should take to contact someone about this issue.

[​IMG]

I am hoping the team can help you with getting your account back. Please let us know how this works out,

Nathan
  4. iOwnRazer Win User

Hey i have already tried this when i try typing my orgianal email it says the microsoft account youve enterned does not exist. I do belive that the hacker changed my email to something else. so what do i do if that happends?
  5. playforlive99 Win User

Can someone help me, I’ve been hacked?

Okay so i was hacked on my other account and the hacker is currently playing on my account which i cannot get into because he has changed all my information to kick me off of it. I have already contacted microsoft and they’ve figured put the solution
    but it will take 48 hours to officially get my account back. Im wondering if the hacker will be able to log back into my account after i get it back even tho microsoft will transfer all my information from that account onto a new email
    Hi this is Alter Iterskiy @xboxambassador to justify you answer once Microsoft gives you your account back you are required to change your password and also use two-factor authentication and yes after you get your information back you can change to a newer
    email no problem
  6. WattyNuela Win User

My account email was hacked and changed to something completely random

Hi Chua, I know the next reply can be frustrating. But I must inform you that if the hacker managed to change the email linked to the account, it is not possible to get it back.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to get my account back if a hacker changed my email? I currently dont have... - Similar Threads - possible account hacker

2. Need advice on a possible hack of my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need advice on a possible hack of my account: I play Star Wars Battlefront with a group of friends. We have a group chat that we used. A few months ago we started having problems accessing it. We could only do so via the app. I discovered we...
  3. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  4. Could I possibly trigger a ban if I used the 14 day Xbox trial on multiple accounts at one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could I possibly trigger a ban if I used the 14 day Xbox trial on multiple accounts at one...: So Xbox live has a offer when buying ultimate a 14 day trial well my not so smart brother kept using the 14 day trial on like 3 of my accounts my question is that will it trigger a console ban of...
  5. Is it possible for an xbox account set to chat with friends only to chat with friends on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible for an xbox account set to chat with friends only to chat with friends on...: (sorry if this has been asked before) My son's xbox account is set to chat with friends only, but he can't chat with his fortnite friends who play on other consoles (and so aren't xbox friends)....
  6. Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.: I have a Skylanders Trap Team disk and it doesn’t work anymore, I tried to fixing it and buying it on the Microsoft store on the Xbox but it’s unavailable. Is it possible to add the digital game...
  7. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  8. Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...: I got a new Xbox and got a Xbox account set up but it won’t let me create/add a Minecraft account that I already have it just makes a new one for me but that is not what I want can you help...
  9. Is it possible to get minecraft account back after it got stolen and migrated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to get minecraft account back after it got stolen and migrated?: So my minecraft account got stolen few years ago and the guy who stole it migrated the account to microsoft. I recently found out that I finally have access to my email which I had my minecraft...
  10. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...