Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then...

Discus and support Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own GTA V on both platforms, but I have pretty slow wifi and it would take extremely long for me to install GTA V on my computer alone. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jazzysoggy, Jan 7, 2023.

1. jazzysoggy
    jazzysoggy Guest

Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then...

I own GTA V on both platforms, but I have pretty slow wifi and it would take extremely long for me to install GTA V on my computer alone. I was wondering if I could copy the contents from my XBOX to my computer as they're both pretty similar games with a few differences. Then maybe I can use Steam to verify the files and get anything I missed. Is this possible?

:)

jazzysoggy, Jan 7, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Grand Theft Auto V game error

Hi, it could be a problem with your storage device, if you are using a hard drive, then try deleting the game, then download a few demos that add up to the same size of GTA V, then re-download GTA V. The reason to download the demos first, is that GTA V
    is stored on another part of the hard drive which hopefully wont give you the error.
  3. Frozen Shotz25 Win User

Forza Horizon from Games On Demand NOT WORKING

it sems there are many problems with downloaded games

following

GTA V

Test Drive Unlimited 2

and forza 5

try it with a xbox hard drive that should work
  4. Warhawk414 Win User

Need help on gta5 error MSG

Hi Astariah,

No, you do not need to install the play disk. The first disk titled, "install" will install the entire game on your hard drive, it may take some time, around 10-15 minutes. After the game is on your hard drive the "install" disk is not needed any more,
    unless you install the game on a different hard drive. The second disk titled, "play" is what you play in the disk tray to play the game.

As for the hard drive issue, I definitely recommend trying what fredgiblet said.

To delete files and switch your hard drive:

1. Go to the Xbox dashboard

2. Once on the dashboard, scroll to the right, all the way till you get to the settings tab

3. Click on system, then on storage. A screen will pop up showing how much memory is available on your hard drive. Click on your hard drive.

4. A list of all your games, videos, demos and other downloads will pop up. Find the gta 5 files, click on them and select delete. Just so you know, even if you delete all your gta 5 files, achievements will not be affected, your saves and progress in the
    game will be affected. It might require that you start the campaign or multiplayer from the beginning.

5. Once all of your gta 5 hard drive files are deleted, turn your Xbox console off, remove the hard drive, and add the new or other hard drive. I think you can only change hard drives for the old Xbox 360. Not sure if the newer models come with changeable
    hard drives.

By the way, if you replace or add a new hard drive you need to buy a "hard drive transfer cable" that transfers content from one hard drive to the other. It is available at your local game store.

Also, in order to transfer content from one hard drive to another. The old or current hard drive needs to be connected to the console, while the new hard drive needs to be connected to the cable. The transfer cable comes with directions, just follow them.

Once all the content has been transferred turn the console off, insert the new hard drive, turn the console on, insert the "install" disc for gta 5 and try loading the files again.

If you are still having an issue you can contact Xbox customer support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX or chat with a representative online at the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Also check out this link, which is the Xbox online support page. It has a great deal of useful information on how to solve issues regarding your Xbox console, account and other things:

support.xbox.com/en-US
  5. Raging Casper Win User

Freeze on save in Skyrim and can't even get past the loading screen in GTA V

If GTA V is indeed downloaded from the marketplace and not a disc, try this.

Delete GTA V and clear your cache 3 times.

Restart your console.

Download 16 GB of demos (this is how big GTA V will be in the end)

Once those have finished download all the GTA V files from your download history (GTA V, Installation Packs 1-4)

After you've done that, feel free to delete the demos.

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!
  6. TDK Skin Walker Win User

gta 5 character transfer

Hello Jazz.

It is no longer possible to transfer your GTA V Online character from the Xbox 360 to Xbox one.

The last day this was possible was March 6th 2017.
Thema:

1. Is it possible for me to download GTA V on an XBOX, transfer the files to a hard drive then... - Similar Threads - possible download GTA

2. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  3. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  4. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  5. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. I have a question Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web: Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web and Microsoft store web b090454f-14fb-43ff-9a50-07825c1cdf20
  8. Is it possible to download missing services for windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to download missing services for windows 11?: My windows 11 computer is missing some servers called Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save and Xbox Live Networking service is there a way I can download these missing services? My Xbox...
  9. Microsoft Flight simulator on cloud, is it possible to download mods for it, if yes how can I?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator on cloud, is it possible to download mods for it, if yes how can I?: Is there a way to download mods like planes, liveries, etc for the MSFS on cloud. If yes can you please tell me how, Thanks! 9127e325-4947-495e-9e7b-231d39845c42
  10. Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?: Hey, my question is mainly based about Grounded. I really liked an old PTS of the game, and would really like to know if it's possible to download it so I can play it all over again. I'm on a...