Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of...

Discus and support Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I searched it up most of the reddit topics I seen say it’s not okay because it says in the manual and some say they changed and say it’s okay... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidInostroza , Mar 11, 2023.

1. Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of...

I searched it up most of the reddit topics I seen say it’s not okay because it says in the manual and some say they changed and say it’s okay

:)

DavidInostroza , Mar 11, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of the power strip switch

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Microsoft:

"To ensure that your console is receiving the full voltage necessary, plug your console’s power cord directly into a wall outlet and not any kind of surge protector or extension cord."

Also, if you will be turning off the console it would be best to turn it off first by pressing and holding the Xbox button on your controller and then "turn off console". Make sure that the console power button light is turned off before unplugging it.
  3. HayzeMixer Win User

Xbox controller not responding

Okay, if you could hold the power button down for 10 seconds on the console and wait for it to turn off, once turned off turn it back on and see if that has worked
  4. SammyVS Win User

Controller not working.

Okay. Turn off your console by holding your console's power button until the console turns off, remove the console's power cord and leave it for a few minutes.

Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until it turns off, remove the batteries and leave it for a few minutes.

After about 3 minutes, just plug the power cord into your console, put the batteries back in your controller, and try connecting the console with your controller and see if that solves the problem
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Power brick shuts down randomly

6. DeniqL Win User

When I put a disc in it will sound like it will load then cancel repeatedly anyone help ?

Okay in that case you will most likely have to replace the disc :(

Try a full power cycle just in case

Full Power Cycle

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Once the lights on the front of the console, unplug the power cable from the rear of the console.

Wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.
Thema:

Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of...

1. Is it okay to use a power strip for your Xbox and is it okay to turn it off by turning of... - Similar Threads - okay power strip

2. Okay so external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Okay so external storage device: I have tried literally every "Useful" tip under the sun at this point and it's STILL not being detected, it was working fine one night then I woke up and it hasn't worked ever since....
  3. have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help

in XBoX on Consoles
    have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help: have cd mw3 can not play , ask me to buy, ???? play before weekend was okay . help Xbox x series 70c49ff3-20c5-471b-8772-d4e6b3e4a489
  4. Okay so I got Banned by Xbox Enforsment but they wont tell me why!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay so I got Banned by Xbox Enforsment but they wont tell me why!: 12/28/2023 12:19 AM. I get banned Activity feed ?2stricks 8 days suspension 12/28/2023 12:19 Am. 22 Days suspension Activity Feed 2 strikes 12/28/2023 12:19 AM 365 days suspension Activity feed...
  5. The game should operate okay in my device but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game should operate okay in my device but...: My laptop Windows 11 version 23H2 should support the requirements of the game but after 3 minutes the screen gets frozen and then it suddenly stops working, gets closed and I cannot continue. I...
  6. Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...: Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can hold? Thank you. 0c31c43f-119b-428a-8f12-33ea4c7c5c07
  7. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  8. Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** a54e11ff-4d21-4e26-805c-1de26eaf67d9
  9. okay so this is the continuation of the previos discussion i started, i had an exam so i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    okay so this is the continuation of the previos discussion i started, i had an exam so i...: ill tell in detail here, so a long time ago i bought minecraft java from a microsoft account, i stopped playing for a year, i decided to go back to the game but when i come back it says that i...
  10. Is it okay to play multiplayer in Minecraft with just one account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it okay to play multiplayer in Minecraft with just one account?: I am using a translation app because English is not my native language. Therefore, the English expressions I use may be incorrect. Currently, I have purchased Minecraft: Bedrock Edition&iOS...