Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with...

Discus and support Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought this Series X a week ago, and when there is no disc inserted, it sounds like the drive is about to spin a disc then stops, then right after this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertBaxter8, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with...

Bought this Series X a week ago, and when there is no disc inserted, it sounds like the drive is about to spin a disc then stops, then right after this there's a split second beep. When there's a disc in it and boot the console up the disc drive just does the normal disc spinning, no beep, just an ordinary boot.

:)

RobertBaxter8, Jan 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with no disc inside) from Series X

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It is not normal for the disc drive of an Xbox Series X to make noise, even when there is no disc inserted, or for the drive to attempt to spin when there is no disc inside. The noise you're describing and the disc drive trying to move sounds like it could be a hardware issue with the console.

It could be related to the disc drive itself, or it could be a problem with the console's firmware or internal components. I recommend that you contact Xbox Support for assistance in troubleshooting the issue. They will be able to help you determine the cause of the problem and provide guidance on how to resolve it.

In the meantime, make sure to keep the console in a well-ventilated area and don't cover it with anything (like a blanket or towel) that could block the air vents. Also, do not force anything inside the disc drive, this can cause more damage.

If the console is still on its warranty or if you purchased an extended warranty, it might be covered by it. However if this is not the case, they will be able to provide you with more information about the service options and costs, if any.
  3. Miss Portia Win User

My 360S randonnly beeps (like it's openning the tray)

So the disc drive chime beeps, but the tray does not open? Could you try cleaning the touch-sensitive button with a small cloth? Also, leave your Xbox unplugged overnight and see if that helps. :)
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Is that an external USB drive in front of it?

Because it sounds like normal disc spin, combined with head moving in the drive. It doesn't sound like the BD drive, that's more of a "zip" sound
  5. WonderedCart Win User

Disc not being read

Hi Georges,

Thanks for the welcome. I just tried the reset method you described and the problem still hasn't been fixed. All the other discs besides the ones mentioned will play fine, but those two don't even bring up the relevant error. If it helps, I can hear the disc drive start to spin and then shortly after (about 3 seconds) a small beep can be heard before it gives up. It tries this three or four times before giving up on the disc entirely. If you have any other ideas they'd be much appreciated, otherwise I'll likely end up trying to exchange the disc or try the full reset (including the games) to see if those work.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Xbox slim is loud

Some discs seem to run fast and that's what you're hearing. The faster speed can run down the disc drive faster than normal and would need to be repaired if left.

It is recommended to install the game disc to your hard drive.

@Lt Nicholls - There is no 15 gb hard drive for the console. You're probably using a usb stick. You can now use up to 32 gb or get an official Xbox hard drive to give yourself more space.
Thema:

Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with...

1. Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with... - Similar Threads - normal hear small

2. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  3. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  6. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  7. Does dev mode work on a normal Xbox one?

in XboX Insiders
    Does dev mode work on a normal Xbox one?: I want to know it because I only see tutorials of people doing it on Xbox series s/x, and I really Sonys want to waste 20 dollars on a thing that doesn’t work in my console. submitted by...
  8. Hello, in my Elite Series2 controller you can hear beeps inside, is it normal?

in XboX Insiders
    Hello, in my Elite Series2 controller you can hear beeps inside, is it normal?: Hello, in my es2 you can hear beeps inside, is it normal? submitted by /u/Think_Ad_5862 [link] [comments]
  9. my friend says he can't hear me well but with other friends is normal

in XBoX Accessibility
    my friend says he can't hear me well but with other friends is normal: I can hear everyone normally, but a specific friend can not hear me, says that is very low even if I put the microphone near the mouth, and he can hear other normal person, the problem is only cmg...
  10. Is There Anyway to Hear Both Game & Voice Through My Headset While A Normal Mic Is Plugged ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is There Anyway to Hear Both Game & Voice Through My Headset While A Normal Mic Is Plugged ...: I have the Tritton 720+ gaming headset that I'd like to use, but unfortunately I do not have an adapter to plug it into the Xbox One controller yet. So I was wondering if there is anyway I can...