Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz?

Discus and support Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my console and it makes a faint buzz in psu area like near the power and HDMI 01630a15-f3ce-4874-9273-d0aa4491ba3b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by acw32bit, Jun 3, 2023.

1. acw32bit
    acw32bit Guest

Just got my console and it makes a faint buzz in psu area like near the power and HDMI

:)

acw32bit, Jun 3, 2023
  2. acw32bit Win User

It doesn't bother me that much
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about your Xbox with a buzzing sound.

Is it constantly having a buzzing sound every time it is turned on? Does it also happened when turned off?

Normally, buzzing sound are coming from the electricity but as long as your Xbox is functioning properly, it should not be a big deal.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

this is called coil whine, it's extremely common with high and graphics chips and their support mechanisms
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Alright. If you do change your mind, you can always send it in.

As logn as your console is running well, it should be all good.
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Actually, that normally does not produce any sound but if it does, it's just really low. But if that already bothers you, I would suggest to send the console in for service using the warranty if it is still in warranty. But I do not believe this is really that big of a deal as long as the Xbox is running fine and no lags at all.

If you wish to send it in for service, you can check the details by registering it here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
Thema:

1. Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz? - Similar Threads - normal xsx psu

2. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  3. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  4. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  5. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  6. Does dev mode work on a normal Xbox one?

in XboX Insiders
    Does dev mode work on a normal Xbox one?: I want to know it because I only see tutorials of people doing it on Xbox series s/x, and I really Sonys want to waste 20 dollars on a thing that doesn’t work in my console. submitted by...
  7. Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use?: My xbox x is getting quite warm during operation, I was wondering if this was normal? 5b61b523-50e6-4c3c-b96c-1051a269347f
  8. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  9. Is this normal, or am I just being irrational?

in XboX Insiders
    Is this normal, or am I just being irrational?: Has anyone else had trouble with ungodly long wait times to play any game? my longest wait time yet is about 110 min. I don't get it. I get that a lot of people must play using cloud gaming, but...
  10. I left the Xbox Insider Preview for XSX and can't get my system to revert to the normal build

in XboX Insiders
    I left the Xbox Insider Preview for XSX and can't get my system to revert to the normal build: RESOLVED: In case anyone else finds this post later on, it can apparently take up to 72 hours for your system to prompt an update to revert back to the standard live build. I have been running...