Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off?

Discus and support Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Is the xbox series x supposed to switch on while ejecting a disc when the console is off 422b10a2-a006-4cdb-bd3b-8242455eda83 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mpho Munzhedzi, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off?

Is the xbox series x supposed to switch on while ejecting a disc when the console is off

:)

Mpho Munzhedzi, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off?

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Mpho, yes, it is common for him to call.

When ejecting the disk it will actually turn on the console, friend.

My console does exactly the same action! :)

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Series X disc drive question

I'm pretty sure, TylerG5.

As a console gamer, I've inserted and ejected discs hundreds of times across my Xbox consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X), and to this day, I've never had any issues with them.

Constantly inserting and ejecting discs is considered normal usage for a console, so it should have no impact on the state of your console's disc drive.
  4. StevenSF3 Win User

Moving Xbox One X while console is on with no disc?

Hey Deepsun,

You should be just fine as long as you were very gentle when picking it up and setting it back down. Definitely a good call to eject the disc first, but it is usually recommended that the console be turned off while moving or adjusting it. I have gently
    moved my Xbox One X before while it was turned on and I have not had an issue.
  5. SkyeEmber Win User

Xbox Disc Ejection options.

Nope, the drive is perfectly capable of ejecting. When inserting a disc in good condition, and the Xbox is capable of reading it, i can use the X button to eject it. But the eject button on the console doesn't do anything. Also this is an Xbox one S
  6. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

XBOX series x tv shows no input

Hello Wrightkathy,

Nilay here and I'm glad to answer your query today.

The first thing to check is the HDMI cable. Make sure it is properly connected to the Xbox and the TV. Another thing to try is switching the ends of the HDMI cable. For example, put the console's end of the HDMI cable into the TV and vice versa.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:
    If there is a disc in the console, eject it.
    On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
    Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).
    Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Good Luck
    Regards
Thema:

1. Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off? - Similar Threads - normal series switch

2. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  4. Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?: Hey I just wanted to know if this is an issue or not, my series x console is just a week old and is amazing, but I do notice that the console is kinda cold to the touch, the top vent is blowing...
  5. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  6. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  7. Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...: Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without running a game? It doesn't heat up much but that didn't happen with the xbox one s...
  8. My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?: Series x makes clunking noise when first powered on b1cc2b16-961b-4bd9-96d1-b7dcfa086759
  9. Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?: Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise? bee5b8d0-fb5c-47b2-8210-0af05c82be6f
  10. My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?: My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? f4ef2915-b81c-490e-911b-71055e7905d6