Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this?

Discus and support Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is my 3rd replacement and similar to a previous one it looks as if the drive is not perfectly aligned, is this how it is supposed to be and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nova1989_XBOX, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this?

This is my 3rd replacement and similar to a previous one it looks as if the drive is not perfectly aligned, is this how it is supposed to be and normal?

Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this? [​IMG]

Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this? [​IMG]

:)

Nova1989_XBOX, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello Nova1989_XBOX, what you are actually seeing is the disc reader foam that is in the entrance, sometimes they can have a few millimeters of misalignment.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Series X disc drive noise on start up

it's completely normal and they are correct it is it looking to see if there's a disc in the drive moving the laser sled back into the home position
  4. Cyberjedi Win User

Disc won't go in to Xbox one

My disc drive somtimes dosent grab discs too. it is like its trying to grab the disc, but can t catch it in, ist making some noticable sounds while it is trying. if im pushing the disc a little closer into the drive it grabs it. is this a normal behaviour
    for the drive?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Is that an external USB drive in front of it?

Because it sounds like normal disc spin, combined with head moving in the drive. It doesn't sound like the BD drive, that's more of a "zip" sound
  6. Dubbmented Win User

Disc struggles to enter ?

Yes, the console is sitting down flat.

It's kind of hard to explain but what I mean is; normally you would enter a disc holding it flat.

But doing this and tyring to insert it into the disc drive, it kind feels stuck, like you need to wiggle/force it into the drive.

It ejects normally.

It's really strange because sometimes it enters smoothly, but most of the time its a struggle to enter a disc.
Thema:

1. Is it normal for the disc drive to look like this? - Similar Threads - normal disc drive

2. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  3. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  4. Is it normal for an Xbox one to make sound when you eject a disc for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal for an Xbox one to make sound when you eject a disc for no reason?: My xbox always makes that sound when you take a disc out of it even after an hour it still makes that sound even if it's turned off 675d23ed-ed68-4b56-ab7a-0726fca44932
  5. Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal to hear a small beep, and what seems like the disc drive trying to move (with...: Bought this Series X a week ago, and when there is no disc inserted, it sounds like the drive is about to spin a disc then stops, then right after this there's a split second beep. When there's a...
  6. Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal for the xbox series x to switch on when ejecting a disc while the console is off?: Is the xbox series x supposed to switch on while ejecting a disc when the console is off 422b10a2-a006-4cdb-bd3b-8242455eda83
  7. Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer?: Hello! First time (or at least I don't remember as last time I had console was PS4 with also Game Discs but it was many years ago) I noticed on the Game Disc around the Disc Layer that some are...
  8. Series x disc keep reading for 5 minutes then stops is this normal?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x disc keep reading for 5 minutes then stops is this normal?!: I have noticed wen i turn on my series x no matter what game i got in the system my disc keep spining. Even if im playing another game that i downloaded and installed on my SX and the other game...
  9. Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

in XboX Insiders
    Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up: I’ve noticed in delta that the disc drive seems to run longer when first turning console on and sometimes it will randomly activate when quitting back to dashboard after closing app or game....
  10. Console fan louder than normal at startup and disc drive clicking and chirping louder than ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console fan louder than normal at startup and disc drive clicking and chirping louder than ...: I have a day one console and never been able to hear the console at all before, mainly from industrial deafness. But as of yesterday the fan is really noticeable up to 3m away and the disc drive...