Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?

Discus and support Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; System update today...annoying menu navigation sounds are back on and the option in settings to turn off is nowhere to be found...again....contacted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Philly EAGL3S, Apr 24, 2018.

  1. Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?


    System update today...annoying menu navigation sounds are back on and the option in settings to turn off is nowhere to be found...again....contacted support & they seemingly aren't even aware of the change or how to rectify it...c'mon Microsoft...we can
    do better than this. This same thing happened last year. We never had this issue with the 360, why is our X one having a simple issue like this recur? Best gaming community, not so great support...imo

    :)
     
    Philly EAGL3S, Apr 24, 2018
    #1
  2. skulker00
    skulker00 Guest
    menu/pause screen playing up

    Turn off Menu Navigation under Kinect options. Its treating almost every sound as a Back command.
     
    skulker00, Apr 24, 2018
    #2
  3. braunman
    braunman Guest
    Bad HDMI Port?

    That does sound annoying. Just to make sure it's the xbox itself, have you tried using it with another tv? It could be a case of some random buttons being pushed on the tv remote (happened to me a few times) causing the picture not to appear. Is your console
    still under warranty?
     
    braunman, Apr 24, 2018
    #3
  4. Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?

    Hey there Philly EAGL3S! Thanks for reaching out to us. While there is a feature to turn off the start up chime noise by going so Settings>Power & startup>Power Mode & Startup>Startup Chime.

    However, there is no feature to completely disable the chime made when navigating menus or the dashboard on the Xbox One console.

    If this is something that you'd like to see changed in the future, please be sure to let us know on our
    feedback site.
     
    Mister Kernel, Apr 25, 2018
    #4
  5. Mister Kernel Win User

    Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?

    Hey there Philly EAGL3S! Thanks for reaching out to us. While there is a feature to turn off the start up chime noise by going so Settings>Power & startup>Power Mode & Startup>Startup Chime.

    However, there is no feature to completely disable the chime made when navigating menus or the dashboard on the Xbox One console.

    If this is something that you'd like to see changed in the future, please be sure to let us know on our
    feedback site.
  6. skulker00 Win User

    menu/pause screen playing up

    Turn off Menu Navigation under Kinect options. Its treating almost every sound as a Back command.
  7. RedNeck DeAzY Win User

    New Sounds Since the April 2018 Update

    I'm with this guy. it reminds me of the old 360 sounds an it is really annoying. I have turtle beach stealth 600's an they literally sound like trash on the home screen. not only that they completely removed the option to turn off these UI sounds.. this
    turns me far away from xbox. how can I think when it sounds like someone is playing mobile games in my ears when I'm trying to navigate my menus. THE WORST UPDATE EVER! even preview players complained about it an you still put it in the spring update.. like
    how can a month or 2 of complaints not get through?
  8. braunman Win User

    Bad HDMI Port?

    That does sound annoying. Just to make sure it's the xbox itself, have you tried using it with another tv? It could be a case of some random buttons being pushed on the tv remote (happened to me a few times) causing the picture not to appear. Is your console
    still under warranty?
  9. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    I have an embarrassing question. ><

    my tabs work 100% of the time, so does holding the middle button down for a few seconds to turn the xbox off and on...another point why you saying the kinect isnt useless is just your opinion and to us that dont use it for gaming nor to navigate already
    easy to navigate menus its a fact that its useless.
Thema:

Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates?

Loading...
  1. Is it just me or does the annoying menu navigation sounds turn itself on every few updates? - Similar Threads - does annoying menu

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...: Why put punishing bans on players that follow the rules and enjoy themselves; instead of the malicious trolls who bug players to no end? What does it take for the Xbox community to voice their...