is it best to just start a new microsoft account when trying to seperate xbox?

Discus and support is it best to just start a new microsoft account when trying to seperate xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My microsoft account and my sons xbox account are the same because it was set up when he was small. He is no longer small and I dont want them... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by freelo ©, Jan 26, 2023.

1. freelo ©
    freelo © Guest

My microsoft account and my sons xbox account are the same because it was set up when he was small. He is no longer small and I dont want them connected. I understand that I cant crete him a new one without losing his purchases so

Can I start a new microsoft account for me and transfer my files and then let my son take my old account to which his xbox is attached? I would need to keep my gmail attacehd to mine.

:)

freelo ©, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Freelo! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I am afraid there's no option to transfer your Microsoft data from one account to another. It will stay on that account if you're referring to your files in OneDrive and other clould service from Microsoft. However, you can absolutely remove your Gmail address from that account and put it to a new Microsoft account.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

My son's xbox account is linked to my microsoft account. How do I seperate?

The Xbox account and the Microsoft account are practically the same. They can not be seperated. The only way to have things seperate, is for one of you to start over with a new account.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Linking accounts!

Everything is permanantly tied to the Microsoft account that was used when creating the Xbox Live account. Nothing can be moved between accounts. One of you would have to start over with a new Microsoft account if you wish to be seperate.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Migrate Gamertag to another address

The best thing for your son to do is start a new account and he can use the same gamer tag. This option is coming soon. The email is associated with the Xbox account, gamer tag, so there is no way to seperate them at this time.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Moving xbox account account to another email address without deleting my current email adress

The Microsoft account (email) and the Xbox account are pretty much one in the same as far as Microsoft is concerned. The Xbox account is forever tied to the Microsoft account. This is why the creation of child accounts with their own email address is important. If you want things to be seperate, then one of you will have to start fresh with a new account.
Thema:

1. is it best to just start a new microsoft account when trying to seperate xbox? - Similar Threads - best start microsoft

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  5. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  6. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  7. Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...

in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That The Next Elite This Year Will Have All the Best From DualSense Edge, Scuf &...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  8. What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?

in XBoX on Windows
    What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?: I'm currently looking at buying a laptop that I can play hogwarts legacy and maybe the last of us on. I'm not want to spend too much. I was looking at the Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  9. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  10. What’s the best way to grow recognization

in XBoX Accessibility
    What’s the best way to grow recognization: I’m a brand new to doin anything like this but I’m a really positive figure to everyone around me and people keep telling me I should try something to do with being a content marketer I wanna...