Is “Hide Listings in Search” still an option on Xbox parental controls!

Discus and support Is “Hide Listings in Search” still an option on Xbox parental controls! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all! I set up a new Xbox Series X for my kids today. Being that they are eight, I also set up parental controls. However, they can still search for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HammerTime531, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Is “Hide Listings in Search” still an option on Xbox parental controls!

Hi all! I set up a new Xbox Series X for my kids today. Being that they are eight, I also set up parental controls. However, they can still search for games that are beyond their age limit; it will just block them when they try to play them.

I believe there used to be an option for “Hide from Search….” or something like that. However, I can’t find anything like that either on the machine itself or through the parental controls app on my phone.

Can someone tell me if that option still exists, and, if so, can you point me to where it might be? Is “Hide Listings in Search” still an option on Xbox parental controls! :)

Thanks for your help!

Mark

:)

HammerTime531, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi HammerTime531, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I'm afraid that option no longer exists, you can hide games but these are for games that are already installed.
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

Hide installed games on child's account?

You should use the consoles parental controls to prevent your children playing games they shouldn't like GTAV.

Go into Settings>Privacy & Online Safety

Select Content Restrictions/Access to content

From here you can adjust what content can be played and accessed.

Once you have set your options, select "Hide listings in search, stores, and apps" which will prevent your children from even finding the content on the console store.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

unhide downloaded purchased games

5. XBF Lance J Win User

Madden 19 and other games not on my ready to install list

Hey Sam,

Thank you for responding. I see you are still missing Madden 19 but the rest have appeared at least. Are you given the option to download Madden from the store? I have made the mistake of accidently hiding some of my less played games, try

bringing up your hidden titles

1. In Ready to install, highlight a game or app.
    2. Press the Menu button
      on your controller.
    3. Select Hide from list.

To unhide items, go to
    My games & apps
    , press and hold the left stick
    on your controller, and then press the X button. To re-hide an item, repeat these steps.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Is there a way to get rid of a digital game from your account?

As you can not completely remove it from your account, you do have the option of uninstalling the game and then hiding it from your ready to install list, this way you atleast wont see it.

1. In Ready to install, highlight a game or app.
    2. Press the Menu button on your controller.
    3. Select Hide from list.

To unhide items, go to
    My games & apps, press and hold the
    left stick on your controller, and then press the
    X button
    . To re-hide an item, repeat these steps.
Thema:

1. Is “Hide Listings in Search” still an option on Xbox parental controls! - Similar Threads - “Hide Listings Search”

2. Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?: I don't want the "open spotify". Just everything above it, is this possible, or is there an alternative widget? Example: https://i.imgur.com/nFqwDV0.png submitted by /u/CCEShieldIsReady...
  3. can i hide my xbox gold badge on my profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i hide my xbox gold badge on my profile?: is there a way i can hide this xbox gold 2003-2023 badge off my profile? i don’t really like the way the badge looks on my profile and would like to remove it if possible...
  4. How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?: So in the top left of the screen it shows my real name and it is honestly very annoying.. I have to play my Xbox One in a public place sometimes with strangers, so I definitely don't want them to...
  5. Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...: Does has a CROSSES THINGS found on Minecraft? Or Why does Minecraft has crosses? To solve this problem, I wanna know if this myth is real or not, becuase I've been seen a scary things found on...
  6. Easy hide feature needs to be added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Easy hide feature needs to be added.: Why can I not hide games I do not want to see again from my achievement list? I don’t even think to delete them, just hide them for me and from friends. It’s such an easy feature, will it...
  7. Add option to "Hide" any game from Achievements list

in XboX Insiders
    Add option to "Hide" any game from Achievements list: Currently, Xbox allows you to "hide" any games in your achievements/play list as long as you have no gamerscore attached to it. I'd personally like the option to hide any games from my Xbox...
  8. Game with 0 achievements cannot hide from list

in XboX Insiders
    Game with 0 achievements cannot hide from list: [IMG] hi! I have an issue, I’ve hidden this game with 0 achievement but still appear on console too, how could fix it? Thanks and happy xmas!...
  9. Want a way to hide installed game from the list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want a way to hide installed game from the list: I want to have a game (gta 5) installed on my console without the knowledge of other kids in my home. Is there a way to hide installed game from the list of games? If not ,can't Microsoft develop...
  10. How to hide games list

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to hide games list: How do I hide my games list? i can't find the option to do it, I must be blind or something I've been looking for a while and just cannot find it... starting to really annoy me...