Is game chat for Xbox360 backwards compatible titles on the Series X obsolete/impossible!?

Discus and support Is game chat for Xbox360 backwards compatible titles on the Series X obsolete/impossible!? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried several methods for talking in game in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, to no avail, the 360 party chat claims I have no mic, game chat claims I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan Barnett, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Is game chat for Xbox360 backwards compatible titles on the Series X obsolete/impossible!?

I have tried several methods for talking in game in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, to no avail, the 360 party chat claims I have no mic, game chat claims I have no mic. But Series X/S titles recognize it, Xbox One titles recognize it. Not wireless and it's a professional headset. None of my Multiplayer&Communication settings are restricted I own my own Acc. I've tried this with EDF 2025, Lost Planet 2, and Brutal Legend... nothing.

:)

Dylan Barnett, Feb 27, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Is game chat for Xbox360 backwards compatible titles on the Series X obsolete/impossible!?

Hello, I'm Felipe, an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

No, game chat for Xbox 360 backward compatible titles on the Series X is not obsolete or impossible. However, if you are having trouble with it, you can try the troubleshooting steps listed in the document to resolve the issue.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your multiplayer and communication settings: Make sure that your settings are not restricted and that you own your own account. This could be the reason why you are unable to use game chat for Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles.

2. Check your microphone: Ensure that your microphone is not wireless and is a professional headset. This could be the reason why the 360 party chat and game chat claims that you have no mic.

3. Try with other games: If you are having trouble with Rainbow Six Vegas 2, try with other games like EDF 2025, Lost Planet 2, and Brutal Legend. If you are still unable to use game chat, then the issue could be with your Xbox 360 backwards compatibility settings.

4. Contact Xbox Support: If none of the above steps work, then it is best to contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide you with a solution.

With these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the issue with game chat for Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles on your Series X.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Question about Orange box

And, if it were not backwards compatible, you might have to wait until the release of Xbox Series X, as they have said they have stopped working on bringing Backwards Compatible titles to Xbox One until the Series X launch to get Backwards Compatibility
    up and running on the Series X. Form there, I imagine they will move back to bringing titles to both Series X and Xbox One for a few more years.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

mejorar la retro compatibilidad de xbox clasico(1ra generacion)[improve the retro compatibility of classic xbox (1st generation)]

Hello armando herrera94,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking for more games to be added to the backward compatible list. At this time, work on backward compatible titles is pushed back for the release of the Xbox Series X. The current list of

backward compatible games
    are the only titles available until the Xbox Series X release.

I hope this helps.
  5. Scott Bull Win User

If the Xbox one x can handle xbox360 games

Xbox backwards compatability for Xbox One, Xbox360, and Original Xbox vary on a per title basis.

For a comprehensive and up-to-date list of games that will work on your device, please check: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backward-compatibility

All games available on the Xbox marketplace will also be compatible with all systems, (with the exception of Kinect-only titles on Xbox One, which aren't compatible with other systems).

All titles provided as part of Games With Gold, Game Pass, and Ultimate are also compatible with Xbox One and Xbox S/X, (with Xbox360 and some Original Xbox titles working on Xbox360).

Please note that Original Xbox titles and some Xbox360 titles no-longer support online features or DLC.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Is warhammer 40k space marines compatible for the Xbox one or the series x? Keeping in mind that this game came out on the 360

Hi,

Sadly, Warhammer 40K Space Marines is not backwards compatible with Xbox One or Series X. The only way to play this game is on an Xbox 360 or by purchasing the PC version on Steam.

https://www.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xbox360

Note: There is no separate list for Xbox 360 games on Series X. If I game is not BC on the Xbox One, it won't be BC on the Series X|S either.

The Xbox One wasn't powerful enough to make all Xbox 360 games BC as the 360 hardware uses a totally different type of CPU architecture. Unfortunately, the BC program has now ended. No more Xbox 360 or original Xbox games will be made backwards compatible. It wasn't a simple process, hence the limited amount of titles.
Thema:

1. Is game chat for Xbox360 backwards compatible titles on the Series X obsolete/impossible!? - Similar Threads - game chat Xbox360

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Xbox game chat log

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game chat log: my account was hack and I cannot join games or talk to any of my friends and I really do want to play 48b3dbb3-0162-4b02-9866-d6643065082f
  6. Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience: Hello all, I’ve been a gold member for about 17 years, even longer with original Xbox but switched accounts when the 360 released. I have been playing ark ascended recently and I literally can’t...
  7. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  8. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  9. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  10. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...