Is anyone else having low upload speed with high download speeds

Discus and support Is anyone else having low upload speed with high download speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 400 mbps download and 20 upload and in the last two weeks the download speed is perfect but the upload speed is between 1.5 and 3.5. I know for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IRES BLAZE, Oct 16, 2020.

1. IRES BLAZE
    IRES BLAZE Guest

I have 400 mbps download and 20 upload and in the last two weeks the download speed is perfect but the upload speed is between 1.5 and 3.5. I know for a fact its not my internet company so that leads to xbox's end called them and it became a blame game.
    If anyone knows how to fix this plz let me know and yes I'm wired...

:)

IRES BLAZE, Oct 16, 2020
  2. The1337gamer Win User

Gaming connection speed

Having a high download/upload speed is good, but for some reason people get it in there heads that it needs to be really high to play games online well. This is not the case, games generally use little bandwidth, so download/upload speeds aren't really
    much of an issue for most people.

The most important thing for online gaming is having low ping/latency and no packet loss. This is what causes most lagg in online games.
  3. Stoyvensen Win User

Xbox speed test

Latency seems a bit high. Download speeds are good and upload speeds are decent.
  4. BernadetteUcl Win User

Holy moly poopy oly download sooooooooo slow

Have you done a speed test to see how fast you download and upload? as this may affect your download speed if it a low download speed.

Could you please let me/us know, Thank you.
  5. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Gaming connection speed

[quote user="the1337gamer"]
    Having a high download/upload speed is good, but for some reason people get it in there heads that it needs to be really high to play games online well. This is not the case, games generally use little bandwidth, so download/upload speeds aren't really
    much of an issue for most people.

The most important thing for online gaming is having low ping/latency and no packet loss. This is what causes most lagg in online games.

[/quote]I agree with most of that, but i would say for online gaming upload is an important factor too.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

Connection/Bitrate question... Twitch

You have 200mbps download but only 10 upload? Seems a bit low on the upstream speed for a high download speed package. Anyway...

Upload speeds you should aim for are:

3 Mb/s - 4.5 Mbs for HD — High definition 720p resolution video

5 Mb/s - 9 Mb/s for HDX — Full high definition 1080p resolution video and high definition audio

Remember, take into account that what the ISP tells you that you get and what you get can vary as the ISP takes more users at peak hours etc. Also if playing Multiplayer games you need to account for the game traffic too.
Thema:

1. Is anyone else having low upload speed with high download speeds - Similar Threads - anyone else having

2. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  3. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  4. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  5. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  6. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?: help - I cannot connect with Xbox live/game pass - I am hard wired bb5d908e-4a1a-4c6b-b9bb-c4cd20fdc979
  7. Anyone else having issues with searches

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with searches: For about a week now I've been having trouble doing searches on the computer and on phone. Sometimes it works sometimes It doesn't even when I try to put in full sentences. It only givea about 10...
  8. Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?: First noticed on Prime when it said my hdmi connection was bad. Checked settings and picture was at 1080. Checking and un checking the 4k fixed it, has happened twice so far. submitted by...
  9. Anyone else having save data issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having save data issues?: Alright Im trying to figure out if this is an insider issue or some result of me underusing my series S. I'm having issues with fucked up saves in 2 different game. While Playing Cyberpunk 2077...
  10. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...