is 4k possible on 4k laptop when i have an original xbox?

Discus and support is 4k possible on 4k laptop when i have an original xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have an original xbox one, and I'm getting a new 4k resolution laptop. I wanted to see if using the xbox app on my laptop will get me 4k gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 144487bc-fc53-45e2-887f-92b55eb62150, Sep 14, 2017.

1. is 4k possible on 4k laptop when i have an original xbox?

So I have an original xbox one, and I'm getting a new 4k resolution laptop. I wanted to see if using the xbox app on my laptop will get me 4k gaming when I have an original xbox one.

Help me please.

:)

144487bc-fc53-45e2-887f-92b55eb62150, Sep 14, 2017
  2. Original xbox one 4k?

hey everyone, i have a 4k tv with the original xbox one. I noticed in the settings/updates that you can download 4k content, so if that option is available i am sure there is a way I can watch videos in 4k on youtube or netflix. 6th gen intel cpus have 4k
    capability(encoding) so i am sure the original xbox has it as well, considering it’s based off of pcs architecture.

When i try changing the resolution on youtube its capped st 1080p. Same with the resolution of the xbox. It’s connected to the hdmi 4k@60hz.

Help would be greatly appriciated!!

FatBootyChief, Sep 14, 2017
  3. blainehooker
    blainehooker Guest
    blainehooker, Sep 14, 2017
  4. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest

4K started with the Xbox One S, so it would not be available from the Xbox One.

An Old Freak, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Shrk1990
    Shrk1990 Guest
    As stated by An Old Freak (nice gamertag haha), the Xbox One S was the first Xbox console to support 4k resolution. However, your laptop may do something similar to "up-rendering", which can make lower resolutions look more crisp, and bring them closer
    to a 4k. It won't be a true 4k resolution, but it may look better than its native resolution.

Shrk1990, Sep 14, 2017
  6. Unfortunately no. And an Xbox One S won't give you 4K gaming either. The Xbox One S only does 4K (with or without HDR) for video streaming or 4K UHD Blu-ray.

Games on the original Xbox will only play in 1080p and the maximum streaming quality for the Xbox App on Windows is 1080P anyway. Because your laptop's display will be 4K or 3840x2160, games will display in that resolution, but it will be an up-scale, not
    a true 4K feed. Some games may look better, but you're not getting a 4K experience. That will only be a achievable on the up-coming Xbox X while connected via HDMI to a 4K screen.

Obsessive Power, Sep 14, 2017
  7. Thanks everyone for the answers is 4k possible on 4k laptop when i have an original xbox? :)

144487bc-fc53-45e2-887f-92b55eb62150, Nov 2, 2018
  8. An Old Freak Win User

4K started with the Xbox One S, so it would not be available from the Xbox One.
  9. 144487bc-fc53-45e2-8 Win User

Thanks everyone for the answers :)
  10. Obsessive Power Win User

Unfortunately no. And an Xbox One S won't give you 4K gaming either. The Xbox One S only does 4K (with or without HDR) for video streaming or 4K UHD Blu-ray.

Games on the original Xbox will only play in 1080p and the maximum streaming quality for the Xbox App on Windows is 1080P anyway. Because your laptop's display will be 4K or 3840x2160, games will display in that resolution, but it will be an up-scale, not
    a true 4K feed. Some games may look better, but you're not getting a 4K experience. That will only be a achievable on the up-coming Xbox X while connected via HDMI to a 4K screen.
  11. Shrk1990 Win User

As stated by An Old Freak (nice gamertag haha), the Xbox One S was the first Xbox console to support 4k resolution. However, your laptop may do something similar to "up-rendering", which can make lower resolutions look more crisp, and bring them closer
    to a 4k. It won't be a true 4k resolution, but it may look better than its native resolution.
  12. Obsessive Power Win User

Are you ready for X1X and prepared to download extra 50 GB on every game????

As I said, not all games will have 4K textures. The new Assassins Creed Origins patch for Xbox One will bring 4K support. It's size is 1.8GB. Small? That's because it has no 4K texture enhancement. The gane will be 4K though on One X.
Thema:

1. is 4k possible on 4k laptop when i have an original xbox? - Similar Threads - possible laptop original

2. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  5. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  6. Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...: So I have a request/question is it possible to make an Xbox One compatible with two TVs to make it in ultra wide monitor??? I was just curious and I intend on making my Xbox One have multiple...
  7. Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?: My Laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, and I was thinking of buying one to connect it to my USBC port, that way I can plug an HDMI chord, and I wanted to know if it worked before I buy one. I'd...
  8. Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?: Is it possible to downgrade your dashboard on xbox 360? I could install a mod chip for RGH, but im just wondering if its possible to access update logs on metro, and downgrade from there. Ive...
  9. Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui: An idea for the Xbox home screen I've had, is to allow us to make the tile squares be like folders that when you click on them, they open up a line going from left to right or top to bottom that...
  10. Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?: Is it possible to remote play a game from Gamepass from my gaming pc in my house to my work laptop in my house? I want to fish on Call of the Wild The Angler while I am working and not DL the game...