ir blaster stopped working

Discus and support ir blaster stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one IR blaster stopped working; I have tried a hard reset and I have tested my IR extenders with other products. Do you think the xbox console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OpenSkydiver142, Dec 27, 2015.

1. ir blaster stopped working

My xbox one IR blaster stopped working; I have tried a hard reset and I have tested my IR extenders with other products. Do you think the xbox console is defective. (it was working before). I really don't want to do a factor reset and not sure if that
    would help. Any suggestions?

:)

OpenSkydiver142, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Xbox One IR Blaster commands

My xbox one IR blaster stopped working; I have tried a hard reset and I have tested my IR extenders with other products. Do you think the xbox console is defective. (it was working before). I really don't want to do a factor reset and not sure if that

3. Wont turn TV on or off

4. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox One S not turning TV on or off

to turn the tv on and off uses the ir blaster function, if that has stopped working then you may need to retrain it, all the xbox's in my house still work fine with turning the tv on and off viaa the IR blaster.
  5. Costa Apostolou Win User

Help using an IR cable to connect to cable box

Did you setup you cable box in the OneGuide/tv settings section? Make sure the ir sensor is exactly on the ir receiver of you cable box, if RS off even a few mm it could stop it from working. You made sure your purchased a ir blaster wire and not a ir
    receiver wire? If the the model of you cable box is in the Xbox one settings when you set it up then it should work, just make sure you are directly on the ir receiver of your box.

I use a cable in the livingroom because the Kinect blaster doesn't work for some reason so I have a 3 way Ir blaster wire that works grea but as I said you need to put it directly on your ir receiver for your cable box and if you want to control your tv
    you need a cable with atleast 2 ir blasters and fix them to both your tv ir and cable box ir receiver.
  6. Segomo Win User

IR Blaster not working

I spoke too soon. When I hold the power button down to shut off the xbox, the next time it's turned on, it turns on the TV. Then the next time after that I turn on the Xbox, it doesn't turn on the TV. It seems the only time after the Spring 2017 update
    the Xbox turns on a TV is after it's shut off holding the power button.

Looks like I'm not the only one after looking at the message boards :/
  7. Segomo Win User

IR Blaster not working

Have you tried a
    power cycle
    ? Just hold the power button for 10 seconds so the console fully turns off, then turn it back on.
    I have to admit I was skeptical at first thinking what is a power cycle gonna do? But I tried it and what do you know, it worked! Thanks so much!
  8. Internet Expert Win User

IR Blaster not working

Have you tried a
    power cycle
    ? Just hold the power button for 10 seconds so the console fully turns off, then turn it back on.

Before I got the Xbox One S, my original Xbox One had IR blasters that controlled my TV. Occasionally, turning my console on wouldn't turn the TV on as well. Had to give my console a power cycle when that happened to make it work again. Sometimes you have
    to "refresh" the console when you have it set to Instant-On (in the power settings).

Hope this helps!
Thema:

ir blaster stopped working

1. ir blaster stopped working - Similar Threads - blaster stopped working

2. Fantasyland blaster lights.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fantasyland blaster lights.: I am trying to complete the fantasyland lights with the blaster for hours now and can't get it. I have 34/35 and can't get that last one. I swear I've shot every single light in that area multiple...
  3. Series X has no IR blaster unfortunately

in XboX Insiders
    Series X has no IR blaster unfortunately: I just got my Series X yesterday and after a whole night of transfer from my One X and downloading the upgrades for each game I was disappointed by the smallest oversight. My Vizio sound bar are...
  4. Xbox not turning on off tv though hdmi or it blaster

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox not turning on off tv though hdmi or it blaster: My xbox use be able to turn off my tv but after the newest update it won't it can find my tv just won't do anything with it submitted by /u/coolman911099 [link] [comments]
  5. sound blaster g6 and the new xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    sound blaster g6 and the new xbox: hello, in the video of the new xbox you comment that you have contacted the companies to solve the issue of the new optical port, the company sound blaster enters these communications? because in...
  6. XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others)

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others): I've configured my TV setup as well as my receiver setup following all the instructions on the console but I found a bug for the control of my Sony receiver (STR-DN1030). During the setup, if I...
  7. XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others)

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX One X - IR Blaster Problem with Sony Receiver (STR-DN1030 and probably others): I've configured my TV setup as well as my receiver setup following all the instructions on the console but I found a bug for the control of my sony receiver (STR-DN1030). During the setup, if I...
  8. Console Streaming Power On/IR blaster

in XboX Insiders
    Console Streaming Power On/IR blaster: Hi I'm wondering if console streaming is supposed to power on a console currently off but in instant on mode? I assumed that's why it was a requirement? I can't find an answer either way. Ive...
  9. Kogan KALED55UHDUC not able to be controlled by Xbox One X IR Blaster

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kogan KALED55UHDUC not able to be controlled by Xbox One X IR Blaster: So I have an Xbox One X and managed to get a 4K LED TV off a neighbour, it's a Kogan KALED55UHDUC Model. My old Kogan was only 1080 but was able to be controlled through my Xbox One and Kinect...
  10. Xbox One S IR Blaster won’t work with LG TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S IR Blaster won’t work with LG TV: I just bought an Xbox One S and the IR blaster is working great with my Direct TV STB and my Yamaha receiver (that is almost 15 years old.) I bought a brand new LG UHD TV a few months ago and the...