IPv6 DNS manual changes on Xbox...

Discus and support IPv6 DNS manual changes on Xbox... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is there no option to manually change an IPv6 DNS on Xbox? My router allows v4 DNS change, but not v6. Wondering if this is something that is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AussieAn0n, Nov 18, 2021.

1. IPv6 DNS manual changes on Xbox...

Is there no option to manually change an IPv6 DNS on Xbox?

My router allows v4 DNS change, but not v6. Wondering if this is something that is available on Xbox in the network settings, or something that will eventually make its way?

I have left Insider feedback but its never addressed.

submitted by /u/AussieAn0n
    [link] [comments]

/u/AussieAn0n, Nov 18, 2021
  2. SavageOne Win User

Can't configure manual DNS settings

I have tried the same thing manual DNS setup does nothing. In my case the IPv6 DNS names are displayed in the network configuration (even though I am configuring IPv4) and there is no way to change them. I have setup IPv4 manually but the DNS is still
    taking DHCP IPv6.
  3. Fox McCloud1985 Win User

Cannot download profile on ANY backwards compatible game

Ok, it looks like the DNS is defaulting to IPv6. The xbox will not let me change the DNS manually (seems to be a bug). I tried disabling ipv6 in my router but that basically broke my internet so it's not a viable option. PLEASE FIX THIS MICROSOFT!
  4. yashk-07268090-C5B1- Win User

Problem with my profile "360" on Xbox one and backward compatibility

I had same problem but it has fixed now.

In my case, Xbox One network setting about DNS showed IPv6 address, although I didn't use IPv6 connection.

I tried to change the DNS address manually in Xbox settings, but it wasn't changed correctly . So I changed my home network rooter settings about DNS from "Auto" to "Manual IP"( dns address provided by your internet provider) .

Then, backward compatibility was working well, my Xbox 360 profile download started.
  5. CyberMaxX360 Win User

How to change Ipv6 DNS server manually?

Only way to get around it for now that I know of - don't direct connect to your cable modem but instead place a router capable of working with IPV4 and IPV6 and then change the DNS settings for the WAN ports there.

I have comcast myself and yes their IPV6 DNS servers are not ready for prime time. Test performed using theirs mostly fail, while using googles Public iPV6 DNS servers always pass.

So, what I did - though the router will receive it's Public IP's (IPV4 and IPV6) and the DNS Servers to use. I instead changed the DNS settings from Auto to Manual - Manually adding Googles DNS Servers for both IPV4 and IPV6 but leaving the Actual Addressing
    set to auto for both IPV4 and IPV6.

Thus: Anything DHCPing from my router (which acts as a DNS Forwarder) will receive and IP Address for my network along with the Routers IP Address as the DNS Server. Noted on my XBOX ONE that my Primary DNS Server is in an IPV6 Format and it's set to my
    Routers Local IP Address. So what happens now AND DNS Requests will now pass DNS thru the router to what it was told to use as DNS servers which are now Googles Public DNS servers for both IPV4 and IPV6.

Problem solved.
  6. yashk-07268090-C5B1- Win User

Unable to Download 360 Information

I had same problem but it has fixed now.

I have same problem, but i had fixed now.

I posted other thread.

In my case, Xbox One network setting about DNS showed IPv6 address, although I didn't use IPv6 connection.

I tried to change the DNS address manually in Xbox settings, but it wasn't changed correctly . So I changed my home network rooter settings about DNS from "Auto" to "Manual IP"( dns address provided by your internet provider) .

Then, backward compatibility was working well, my Xbox 360 profile download started.

Good luck!
Thema:

IPv6 DNS manual changes on Xbox...

1. IPv6 DNS manual changes on Xbox... - Similar Threads - IPv6 DNS manual

2. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  3. xbox series x no ipv6 option

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x no ipv6 option: i have a new tv connected through the same router and it connected by ipv6 automatically 7be3bbb8-3f91-469b-9f9a-d08dfa61f8a6
  4. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  5. How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?: Need some assistance with my question. e5ad6935-ebe6-4eb5-84ef-3af4579649e3
  6. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  7. [IPv6 DNS] not configurable

in XboX Insiders
    [IPv6 DNS] not configurable: Please enable the option in the network settings to change the ipv6 dns. Its pain in the ass when you have i pihole and dont even know which dns server is set default for ipv6 requests. I would...
  8. IPv6 DNS Option

in XboX Networking Hardware
    IPv6 DNS Option: IPv6 DNS Option Hey Xbox peoples, I would like to know if anyone has thought about an option to add the choice to manually select an IPv6 DNS. My Xbox tends to not want to run IPv6 sometimes, and...
  9. IPv6 as Primary and secondary DNS

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6 as Primary and secondary DNS: Hi there. I´m having na issue where my primary and secondary dns are being displayed as IPV6 I believe that this has been the cause of many disconnects throughout every online game I play. I´ve...
  10. How to change Ipv6 DNS server manually?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change Ipv6 DNS server manually?: Hello, I am using ipv6 with comcast through a direct connection to my modem. It is automatically giving me there ipv6 addresses. There are certain issues with it however and I need to change it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix xbox ipv6