IPv4 vs. IPv6

Discus and support IPv4 vs. IPv6 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it possible to use IPv6 connection on a Wireless Hotspot? 5311fa10-39a0-4a18-9990-c183fbb3ab2a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scuba_Steve85, Jan 29, 2022.

1. IPv4 vs. IPv6

Is it possible to use IPv6 connection on a Wireless Hotspot?

:)

Scuba_Steve85, Jan 29, 2022
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

My Xbox isn't connecting to Xbox live automatically even though it recognises my wireless network automatically. Does this have anything to do with only connecting to IPv4 and not IPv6?

nothing to do with ipv4 vs ipv6.
  3. Arminator Win User

IPv6 Support

[quote user="wswartzendruber"]

...But Open vs. Moderate vs. Strict won't be an issue anymore with IPv6 because it doesn't even use NAT.

[/quote]

While you are correct, that IPv6 will eliminate the NAT problems, the Xbox currently is not (yet) IPv6 capable. Maybe a future dashboard update will bring IPv6 capability, but until then you need to continue using IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel in your residence.
  4. St. JohnFredrick Win User

IPv4 vs. IPv6

Web based interface. A wireless router.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

IPv4 vs. IPv6

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Does the hotspot have a web based interface or it's from a phone?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
Thema:

IPv4 vs. IPv6

1. IPv4 vs. IPv6 - Similar Threads - IPv4 IPv6

2. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  3. How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?: How do I upgrade my Xbox from the IPv4 to the recommend IPv6? 1519e489-a9a8-4f83-9b61-3b0e14068cbc
  4. how do i get my xbox to use ipv6 instead of ipv4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i get my xbox to use ipv6 instead of ipv4?: how would i get it to change on my xbox? b897ade2-0d79-4a1c-9f61-baaa2a4d940e
  5. Teredo connection IPv4 or IPv6 disconnected + No Xbox Networking tab on the "gaming"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo connection IPv4 or IPv6 disconnected + No Xbox Networking tab on the "gaming"...: Windows 10 Home edition so I don't have access on the registry (I also understand nothing about that so it wouldn't do any good to me anyway), which for some people seem to have fixed similar...
  6. How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router: I’ve been trying to hardwire connect vs wireless but it doesn’t work says problem with hardware 074216dc-c6e3-4a59-8de7-53ea2b3f50b0
  7. Help me with my ipv4 issue I can’t get on ipv6

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me with my ipv4 issue I can’t get on ipv6: Hi, my names lily, I’ve never had this issue before, until this week. My internet when I connect to both Xbox’s says IPv4 instead of IPv4 & IPv6, I’m not sure how to resolve this issue, and I got...
  8. How do I change my xbox one from ipv4 to ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my xbox one from ipv4 to ipv6: How do I change my xbox one from ipv4 to ipv6? 17fd7859-2fd0-4b63-9187-1c61b05d936b
  9. How do i enable ipv6 cause it says im currently on ipv4 and ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i enable ipv6 cause it says im currently on ipv4 and ipv6: It is available to me that i can change that setting i just dont know how f0fb9640-9dcf-4355-9def-aad42dce4ae0
  10. How do i change my Xbox from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i change my Xbox from IPv4 to IPv6?: When I try to connect to the wifi in my house, im only getting 100 mps versus 300-500, which I am currently receiving on other devices in the household. I already tried to disconnect other devices...