IP Helper Service is preventing me from joining lobbies on Forza Horizon 4.

Discus and support IP Helper Service is preventing me from joining lobbies on Forza Horizon 4. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Greetings, i've been trying to troubleshoot my Forza Horizon 4 connection issues, making me unable to connect to any online session. After around 1hr... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RustyRotary, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RustyRotary
    RustyRotary Guest

Greetings, i've been trying to troubleshoot my Forza Horizon 4 connection issues, making me unable to connect to any online session. After around 1hr of troubleshooting, i figured out that the cause is that my "IP Helper" Service can't start. It
    shows an error, "1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

I've looked through Microsoft tutorials, and Youtube videos, nothing seems to solve the issue. Is there anything other than a complete Windows reinstall that could solve this?

Thanks.

Edit 2: Found out that it was the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service that for some reason doesn't start, blocking the aforementioned IP Helper service. This is how the Service's Window is.

IP Helper Service is preventing me from joining lobbies on Forza Horizon 4. [​IMG]

Edit: This is how the Network looks like.

IP Helper Service is preventing me from joining lobbies on Forza Horizon 4. [​IMG]

:)

RustyRotary, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Addy_2004
    Addy_2004 Guest
    Teredo

I want to play Forza Horizon 4 online, but Teredo "can't qualify" (Translation, may be other term). This is shown under "NAT-Type" and under "Server connection" it's "blocked".

I researched for about three hours, including all threds on this forum, but I haven't found any solution.

The only thing I noticed is that I can't start the service "IP-Helper", Error 1068.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT:

The IP-Helper-Service can't start, because the dependency named "WinHttpAutoProxySvc" can't start. The button to start it manually is disabled, I can't change the type of start (when to start), because that's disabled too. May that be the problem?

EDIT 2:

If I enable the WinHTTPAutoProxySvc-Service via regedit, the Start-Button get's enabled. If I select it, error no. 1058 gets displayed: The service can't start, because it's disabled or connected with disabled devices.

SOLUTION: After a fresh install of windows the error of WinHTTPAutoProxySvc is gone, and Teredo is working now.

Addy_2004, Oct 7, 2018
  3. InDaHeezy
    InDaHeezy Guest
    Forza Horizon 2 new car reveals

@LuvOfThaGame

Down with joining the Xbox lobby Forza Horizon 2 car club?

InDaHeezy, Oct 7, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

XBF George L, Oct 7, 2018
  5. RustyRotary
    RustyRotary Guest
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but this doesn't help me solve anything. The "IP Helper" Service cannot be started because it needs the "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service" to be started as well, and that
    is grayed out on the properties menu. That's what i'm struggling to fix.

RustyRotary, Oct 7, 2018
  6. RustyRotary
    RustyRotary Guest
    After lots of troubleshooting, i've solved it.

Here's how:

1st- I've used a registry entry, thanks to
    sevenforums.com
    , that reset the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service registry values to it's default values from a Windows 7 build.

2nd- Opened cmd as an Administrator to see if SFC (using the sfc /scannow command) detected any anomalies (which in my case it didn't).

3rd- Restarted my PC in "advanced mode" (Settings >Update & Security >Recovery >Advanced Startup, and clicking the Restart Now button).

4th- Clicked on Troubleshoot, and next, Startup Repair.

Because i've got my Windows 10 install on an SSD, it took around 25min to complete.

5th- After that, i checked back on the
    Services panel
    to see if it wasn't grayed out anymore, and it wasn't!

Then i just set it to "Automatic" on the drop down menu, and rebooted.

6th- Then after the reboot my audio drivers loaded up (on the previous boot, they didn't), then i went to the

Services panel
    and started the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service and the
    IP Helper service in that order.

They both started without any errors.

I'd still like to thank any Microsoft support member that was trying to help me, but didn't get the chance to, in this thread.

Have a nice day everyone.

RustyRotary, Nov 5, 2018
  7. XBF George L Win User

8. RustyRotary Win User

After lots of troubleshooting, i've solved it.

Here's how:

1st- I've used a registry entry, thanks to
    sevenforums.com
    , that reset the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service registry values to it's default values from a Windows 7 build.

2nd- Opened cmd as an Administrator to see if SFC (using the sfc /scannow command) detected any anomalies (which in my case it didn't).

3rd- Restarted my PC in "advanced mode" (Settings >Update & Security >Recovery >Advanced Startup, and clicking the Restart Now button).

4th- Clicked on Troubleshoot, and next, Startup Repair.

Because i've got my Windows 10 install on an SSD, it took around 25min to complete.

5th- After that, i checked back on the
    Services panel
    to see if it wasn't grayed out anymore, and it wasn't!

Then i just set it to "Automatic" on the drop down menu, and rebooted.

6th- Then after the reboot my audio drivers loaded up (on the previous boot, they didn't), then i went to the

Services panel
    and started the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service and the
    IP Helper service in that order.

They both started without any errors.

I'd still like to thank any Microsoft support member that was trying to help me, but didn't get the chance to, in this thread.

Have a nice day everyone.
  9. RustyRotary Win User

Hey there!

I noticed you saying that its telling you that your connection to the server is blocked?

Check out the steps listed here
    Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Hope this helps

Let us know with a reply if you continue to have trouble.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but this doesn't help me solve anything. The "IP Helper" Service cannot be started because it needs the "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service" to be started as well, and that
    is grayed out on the properties menu. That's what i'm struggling to fix.
  10. NeoDan123 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 online

You will need an active Gold subscription to be able to play online, aswell as a stable internet connection.

Forza Horizon 4 will automatically join the online lobby if you have a gold subscription.
  11. MadDogBrian1 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify

I found the fix after who knows how many hours i found my IP Helper was manual. Used this and it fixed the problem.

Solution 4: Check to see if the IP Helper service is running

For Teredo to function normally, the IP Helper service needs to be set to start automatically and running. To check:

1. Enter Services in the search field on your toolbar (Cortana).
    2. Select Services from the search results.
    3. Check the Startup Type for the following service to make sure it’s set to the default value:
      IP Helper, Startup Type: Automatic
    If the service has been altered from its default startup type, you can revert it back to the default value:

1. In the Services application, double-click on IP Helper.
    2. In the Properties window, select Automatic from the
      Startup type
      drop-down list.
    3. Under Service status, click the Start button.
    4. Click on OK to save the changes.
    THANK YOU to all who tried to help hope this may help others.
Thema:

1. IP Helper Service is preventing me from joining lobbies on Forza Horizon 4. - Similar Threads - Helper Service preventing

2. game helper file system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game helper file system error (-2015294512): While installing minecraft, it wont launch because of this, any manual way of downlaoding it? 5ae8f7b1-a863-4ea8-ae4e-28193aa5e17f
  3. lagging stream on xbox helper app

in XBoX on Windows
    lagging stream on xbox helper app: So i played rocket league on my xbox while having the screen of xbox on my monitor using "stream" on xbox helper app. And i got "network quality issues" on my screen and it was all laging even if...
  4. my issue have been deliverd for a team bc the helper couldnt solve my issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    my issue have been deliverd for a team bc the helper couldnt solve my issue: My issue havent been fixed and i have been told to wait 2hours and its already been more than that. should i wait more or they gave up? I dont want to be inpatient or anything but i cant sit...
  5. xbox控制台小帮手不能登录,提示0x406[Translation-Xbox console helper can't log in, prompt 0x406]

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox控制台小帮手不能登录,提示0x406[Translation-Xbox console helper can't log in, prompt 0x406]: 如题,听人说是没安装Xbox Identity Provider,此程序在商店中搜不到,如何安装? 网上搜索的解决方法,一、Windows+x,打开“命令提示符(管理员),执行以下命令:DISM/Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Sfc...
  6. Community Helper deleted all my captures for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Community Helper deleted all my captures for me: I had an issue last night where i couldnt install the black ops 1 disc. I went through microsoft support to the xbox community for help, where i was linked up with a man named Jose. Im sure theres...
  7. 控制台小助手问题 -[Translation - Console helper problem.]

in XBoX on Windows
    控制台小助手问题 -[Translation - Console helper problem.]: [img] 刷新还是这 ,网络没问题,就好友列表这 。 -[Translation - Refresh is still the case, the network is no problem, just like the buddy list.] 3d53098e-1d1b-41e0-bd6e-dd7584861120
  8. XBOX主機小幫手無法連接社交帳戶 [Translation-XBOX HOST HELPER CAN'T CONNECT TO SOCIAL ACCOUNT]

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX主機小幫手無法連接社交帳戶 [Translation-XBOX HOST HELPER CAN'T CONNECT TO SOCIAL ACCOUNT]: [img] 在連結帳戶按修復Facebook會顯示此視窗 [Translation-Click To fix Facebook in link account to show this window] [img] 登入後會這樣 [Translation-It's going to be like this when you're logged in.] [img]...
  9. xbox控制台小帮手无法显示捕获 [Translate] Xbox console helper can't show capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox控制台小帮手无法显示捕获 [Translate] Xbox console helper can't show capture: [img] 本地可以显示 [Translate] Local can be displayed [img] 3f495473-8b37-42f1-a740-06c85408f769
  10. Xbox控制台小帮手无法登录 (Xbox console helper can't sign in)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox控制台小帮手无法登录 (Xbox console helper can't sign in): [img] [img] 10专业版1809。 [Translation] Click on the xbox console small helper app, enter the display please wait, then pop up the login interface, click the green login button does not respond,...