ip address error

Discus and support ip address error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my internet is working fine yet my xbox is getting an "ip address error" ostensibly because it is not being assigned one by my router. how do i remedy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuirkyChaff5, Jan 7, 2014.

1. QuirkyChaff5
    QuirkyChaff5 Guest

ip address error

my internet is working fine yet my xbox is getting an "ip address error" ostensibly because it is not being assigned one by my router. how do i remedy this? thanks!

:)

QuirkyChaff5, Jan 7, 2014
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    xbox360italy, Jan 7, 2014
  3. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    xbox360italy, Jan 7, 2014
  4. xbox360italy Win User

Help! Cant Sign In On Xbox Live

5. AcidicPaper Win User

I really need help.

Okay, ChimpZealot. This is what is said for each suggestion on More Info...

IP Address Error - The router or modem may not be automatically assigning an IP address. Try a static IP address instead.

IP Address Error - The router or modem may not be set up to provide IP addresses. See the routers or modem's manual for steps to adjust DHCP settings.
  6. Squeezit Win User

IP Address Error

Did my method work Vesper?
  7. Squeezit Win User

IP Address Error

Hey Vesper, have you tried restoring your system to factory defaults?

Does your console connect just fine connecting directly to the modem instead of the router?

How about Manual IP settings?

First let's look at your PC's settings.

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start, type cmd in the search box, and press Enter. If you are using Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, type in CMD, and press Enter.

At the prompt, type: ipconfig, and press Enter.

Find your network connection (for example: "Local Area Connection"), and write down the following information:

IPv4 Address

Subnet Mask

Default Gateway

Make up a unique IP address for your Xbox. (For example: if your PC's address is 192.168.1.1, choose 192.168.1.11 for your Xbox.).

Note: Each IP address on your network must be unique.

Now go to your Xbox.

Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings, and then Configure Network.

On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings, then Manual, and then IP Address.

Enter the unique IP address that you created, and click Done.

Select Subnet Mask, enter your PC's subnet mask, and then click Done.

Select Gateway, enter your PC's default gateway, and then click Done.

Click Done again to complete.

Press B on your Xbox controller, and retest your connection.

If manually assigning an IP address works, we know it's an issue with DHCP on your router.
  8. Pants3000-27906E7A-3 Win User

IP address error

Hey! Just solved it by resetting my router and modem. Phew, what a relief. Thanks taidara!
Thema:

ip address error

1. ip address error - Similar Threads - address error

2. Check your address. There appears to be an error in it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Check your address. There appears to be an error in it.: I am confused when I am trying to pay, this pops up 82537d85-4078-4326-8b07-e9ff32e755d9
  3. Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...: Hi, I actually have no clue where this error came from but i was trying to copy and paste something and i pasted this instead: Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing...
  4. Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...: Please contact me at [mod removed - personal information] 81c7a520-d725-4133-9280-61ecb09af3ad
  5. Adress Line 1 Check your address. There appears to be an error in it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Adress Line 1 Check your address. There appears to be an error in it.: I have tried so many adresses, including fake ones, nothing works, How do i get to use my redeem code if i can't use my adress to confirm it??? 3814c89c-a485-4f30-9b62-39da5b9863c9
  6. Xbox 360 Error 8015D000 after entering gmail address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Error 8015D000 after entering gmail address: My xbox 360 wont download my profile and Error 8015D000, this happens before it even prompts for a password. This issue was happening on xbox one backwards compatability but deleting the local 360...
  7. Can’t get Teredo IP address Error

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t get Teredo IP address Error: Consistently getting this error, which causes NAT type to say unavailable. Has anyone had success fixing this? submitted by /u/Yarrowgarrow [link] [comments]
  8. There is a spelling error on my email address so I don’t get the code emailed to me to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    There is a spelling error on my email address so I don’t get the code emailed to me to...: My email address incorrectly ends in .om instead of .com so I cannot get the code emailed to me. ff18e526-de45-4df4-a462-e7e8d352a418
  9. Im putting in my address and it keeps saying that there is an error with it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im putting in my address and it keeps saying that there is an error with it: Im putting in my address and it keeps saying that there is an error 1af33a5e-2243-4a28-a8db-a85d356f1527
  10. Error in replacing email address for Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error in replacing email address for Microsoft account.: I added a new alias to my Microsoft account which was an outlook email address I created specifically as an alias. I then turned the new email address into the primary email and removed by...