Invitation to GOLD won't take 'no thanks' for an answer

Discus and support Invitation to GOLD won't take 'no thanks' for an answer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to play my first game on my brand new out of the box Xbox. First I had to sit through 75 of updates (45 mins for console, 15 mins for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jemmert1, Dec 28, 2015.

1. jemmert1
    jemmert1 Guest

Trying to play my first game on my brand new out of the box Xbox. First I had to sit through 75 of updates (45 mins for console, 15 mins for controller, 15 mins for two games). Before I could play a single game, I was asked to accept the terms and conditions.
    I did this, but then it took me back into the terms and conditions screen over and over again -- would not let me accept. I finally had to go onto the support site to accept them, which worked.

Now, the Xbox is offering me a subscription to Gold, which i do not want. The main invite screen gives no option other than to click "buy Gold" -- once I click "buy gold" the next screen gives me subscription options. One option is "no thanks". I assume
    this means 'no thanks' to gold. It takes me back to the intro screen of my game, but when I try to play it always goes to the buy Gold screen. I have been stuck in this loop all day. Xbox support has been horrible and non-responsive.

Hoping the community can help me out, or else I just bought the worlds biggest paperweight.

Thanks,

J

:)

jemmert1, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Manni2017
    Manni2017 Guest
    Can't access Xbox Live Profile neither on XBox360 nor on Web

Thanks for your answer. To ensure that the family membership is correct, we did the following:

+ adult deleted my account from family

+ adult sent new invitation

+ I accepted the invitation

+ Result: In the adult's profile, my account is correctly listed. The error messages remain the same.

Any other suggestions?

Manni2017, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Live Gold with register

I have just redeemed Xbox live gold, it have redeemed successfully but it won't let me join or send path invitations !! Can anyone help please ????

SnippetyLake95, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Cpt Flappy
    Cpt Flappy Guest

depending on the game you are trying to play it may be online only. you can say no thanks to buying xbox live gold but if you wish to play online only games (IE destiny, titanfall....etc) you must have an xbox live gold subscription. which game are you trying
    to play?

Cpt Flappy, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Cpt Flappy Win User

depending on the game you are trying to play it may be online only. you can say no thanks to buying xbox live gold but if you wish to play online only games (IE destiny, titanfall....etc) you must have an xbox live gold subscription. which game are you trying
    to play?
  6. IvánFélix Win User

Game Pass games won't connect to Xbox Live?

Thanks for the answer Edgarour, no i don't have gold, i thought if i play on PC i won't need a gold suscription. So, i need one?
  7. TAKT tigga Win User

Preview Programme

Hi yeah I figured, but it's been around a year since I got invited, I've been invited twice so am kinda thinking does it really take this long to get in? Thanks tho i'll just wait maybe I won't be accepted.
  8. XBL Prophet Win User

Ribbon help

If anyone still needs the Team Savior ribbon, message me and I will send the invites. It won't take long.
  9. D.dec Win User

CARTE ABONNEMENT XBOX LIVE GOLD AVNT MIGRATION VERS XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE (XBOX LIVE GOLD AVNT MIGRATION TO XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE)

I will do that! Take the offer at 1€ the first month, i have 28 month of gold who became 29 month of GPU when i will take the GPU.

I keep my card for live gold and use them "in the future" , for live gold or for game pass...

Thanks at all of you four your answer!
Thema:

1. Invitation to GOLD won't take 'no thanks' for an answer - Similar Threads - Invitation GOLD won't

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  5. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  6. Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game: On windows 11, using the XBOX APP/HUB, my friend sent me an invite to play a game as he's on Xbox and I'm on pc, and upon accepting the invite it asks how I want to use the link (Invite) and only...
  7. Invites

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Invites: Hey, me and my friend have tried many times to join eachothers worlds, but i cant connect to theirs and they dont recieve my invites. We bothb play on Windows PC, and we double checked no one...
  8. Sea of Theives Party Invite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sea of Theives Party Invite: To invite my friends to Sea of Thieves, I need to have them friended on Xbox. They are playing on PS5 so how do I invite them? Also im playing on PC through the xbox app if thats needed...
  9. Can I disable “Minecraft” invites

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I disable “Minecraft” invites: I’m sick of tired of seeing you’ve been invited by player on Minecraft is there anyway to remove it and annoy me the heck up because I have Minecraft on my switch and iOS witch is my phone I have...
  10. On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...: On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield hardline d845b8b4-7188-4cfc-9a0a-afdbd03eee1b