Interrupted an app transfer, now cant download from gamepass

Discus and support Interrupted an app transfer, now cant download from gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So here is the deal. I was trying to make up space to install forza horizon 5 on my ssd and was looking through my installed apps. While looking trough... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KharrlozGM, Nov 14, 2021.

1. KharrlozGM
    KharrlozGM Guest

So here is the deal. I was trying to make up space to install forza horizon 5 on my ssd and was looking through my installed apps. While looking trough them i accidentally selected to move back 4 blood to my ssd from my hard drive, and with no way to stop the transfer i hit restart on my pc (shouldn't have done that).

Now, i deleted the files from my hard drive so i could start a fresh download since its stuck on the buttons for "resume download" and "update". no matter what i click, they never do anything, so im assuming that somehow the game is being detected even if its not on my hard drive since i force deleted them using permissions, and, as far as i know, i didnt see a warner folder on my windows apps folder on my ssd (unless, since its corrupted, it may be named something else and the xbox app might be detecting it but not downloading anything to it)

Current problem: stuck on "update" and "resume download" buttons on xbox app (gamepass), neither do anything and i want to fix it.

:)

KharrlozGM, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  3. KharrlozGM Win User

i was following until step 4 when you say to try updating windows again, but thats not my problem. only problem is that my xbox app is detecting and trying to update or resume the install of a game when in reality there are no files on my pc, and it doesnt move from there. however, i will still try step 4 when i have time later on the day, all other steps so far did not solve it.
  4. KharrlozGM Win User

forgot to mention but this is only happening with back 4 blood, since its the one i force cancelled the transfer from my hard drive to my ssd. i tried installing amogus as a test and it was able to do it.
  5. KharrlozGM Win User

inside the MSIXVC folder i found a file that is 26 gigs in size, i think that might be back 4 blood, but im not sure since the name is a bunch of numbers. theres another for 10mb with a different name. it dates back to yesterday, when i messed up (both files date back to yesterday).
  6. KharrlozGM Win User

yes im currently checking my windows apps folder, i changed the ownership and im looking into the folders, even if theres none indicating to warner or back4blood.
Thema:

1. Interrupted an app transfer, now cant download from gamepass - Similar Threads - Interrupted app transfer

2. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  4. Connection with xbox network services has been interrupted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection with xbox network services has been interrupted: I can only talk in party chat d7188212-5935-4466-9e78-fc86f435a582
  5. My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading...: My xbox update keeps interrupting and stops at 50% also I'm having trouble downloading offline updates from Xbox support page keeps loading sigh help needed e91cbc71-78e6-4d07-b4fe-2d6f4387cdde
  6. how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...: i had it set to where they didn't interrupt my games but i did something to turn them back on. i checked bios and its still has the right setting. just did something that overwrite that and can't...
  7. Can i fix the "Connection Interrupted" Error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i fix the "Connection Interrupted" Error?: Since 7 days this have been happening to me, and i didn't found solutions, such solutions like: Restart the game, delete and reinstall the game, delete user data from everywhere. There is other...
  8. Mouse click interrupting keyboard input while gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse click interrupting keyboard input while gaming: I'm having an issue where left/right click of the mouse delays keyboard input in Fortnite. For movement, we have WASD, Space Bar, Ctrl, and all of these inputs are being delayed whenever I'm...
  9. Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox: Over 95 Scammer Girls is trying to interrupt my account on Xbox. That means Scammer Girls liked my profile picture and I need to block that Scammer Girls added me on Xbox to stop getting more...
  10. Kinect can let other peoples interrupt while playing dancing game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect can let other peoples interrupt while playing dancing game?: Hi all, I am new to XBOX and Kinect. I would like to ask about Kinect. For the Kinect, if there are two players playing dancing game, will it interrupted by others peoples if they are purposely...