"Internet problem; Additional authentication needed"

Discus and support "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed: To connect to this network, you'll need to enter additional authentication info. If you have an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThatDumbGuy, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ThatDumbGuy
    ThatDumbGuy Guest

"Internet problem; Additional authentication needed: To connect to this network, you'll need to enter additional authentication info. If you have an alternate MAC address, choose Enter alternate MAC address."

Ran into this problem as soon as I woke up. I went to try and play an Xbox Live game and saw that I was apparently not connected. I went to my internet settings and saw that I was, in fact, connected to the internet. I went to run an internet test and within
    2-3 seconds this popped up. I looked this up and saw that many others were having this problem too and very recently (as in today and yesterday). I saw a forum that carries a link to fix the problem, however the problem with that is that I have no PC that
    I could use to fix this problem.

Are there any alternative solutions?

:)

ThatDumbGuy, Dec 18, 2020
  2. BurnZayy Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

I have the exact same problem. Everything else in my house can connect to the internet flawlessly, only my Xbox needs “additional authentication”
  3. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Are you talking about WiFi authentication?
  6. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Hello!

Can you share more of what exactly happens?

Thanks!
Thema:

1. "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed" - Similar Threads - Internet problem Additional

2. No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems: No servers found, checked all internet and found no problems c9e42432-e7f2-4a71-8fdf-1cdf5ee49744
  3. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  4. Internet problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet problems: My Xbox refuses to connect to the internet. My router is just fine everything else in my house is fine but it says I have to authenticate but when I click on authenticate the website doesn’t load....
  5. Router and internet problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Router and internet problem: Hi, Im checking my network settings and it is wired to my router. it keeps being disconnected and then connected. by itself, Im online on xbox live, and seconds later and at random times, I...
  6. Error - There was a problem checking your account privileges, please check your internet...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error - There was a problem checking your account privileges, please check your internet...: I am getting this problem on state of decay 2, here is my version and nat Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3324) NAT Type: Tredo is unable to qualify. This could block you from playing...
  7. Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?: (Xbox one)This has been happening for a few weeks but i just ignored it. but every time i try to play a game it says “There’s a temporary network problem” but my internet is perfectly fine and i...
  8. Xbox internet authentication problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox internet authentication problem: Hi, so I tried to connect to my hotels Wi-Fi and usually I have to authenticate to connect properly but my problem now is that when I try to connect it skips asking me to authenticate and just...
  9. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba
  10. "youll need internet for this" problem when trying to download game on microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    "youll need internet for this" problem when trying to download game on microsoft store: [img] im literally connected to the internet, what the hell is this error e036d888-784d-4466-8e8a-cccfb535c3e7