: Internet Issues

Discus and support : Internet Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Internet Issues Hello there @Not funnyd i d n t l a u g h, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Not funnyd i d n t l a, Jan 13, 2021.

1. : Internet Issues

Hello there @Not funnyd i d n t l a u g h, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following
    steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. To check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Code:
    Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
    :)

Not funnyd i d n t l a, Jan 13, 2021
  2. AngelaDXY Win User

Internet Issue

I am having the same issue. I have Vz 150/150 hardwired to my console. I have tried troubleshooting everything on my end including the waste of time that Microsoft chat support was. I don't think they care that there's an issue as long as they get their
    10$/month. Time to go back to my PS4. Life is too short to wait this long for updates and games. All tests on the XBOX, the laptop, the phones, the tv, etc all show 150/150 but when I go to download a game, Its at 8-12mbps...the chat "help" told me to go
    offline to see if it would download!!! SMH
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Internet issues

Hey Absent

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you!

As it seems you have found a favorable resolution, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family, and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. Final Boss XII Win User

Internet issues

Hello XxUltraSteelxX, I'm sorry to see you're having networking issues with your Xbox One.

Lets narrow down your problem to it's source.

If your Xbox one is randomly disconnecting, click
    here
    for a simple step by step guide on how to rectify this,

You can also visit
    here
    for a troubleshooting guide on completing a network test.

Finally, you can take a look at this
    guide
    to see how to review your network settings on your Xbox one console.

Let me know if any of this helps!
  5. Zero420override Win User

Internet issues

Have you thought about perhaps going wired? I know that having a cord can be a bit of an annoyance some times but in the long run I find it to be a much easier and more stable connection choice.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Internet issues

Hello Absent,

Thanks for the update. We recommend trying to clear the alt mac address. Go to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings>alt mac address>clear and restart. Once it restarts then try and connect to your wifi.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. : Internet Issues - Similar Threads - Internet Issues

2. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  3. Xbox Series X internet issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X internet issues.: I’m having Xbox Series X internet connection issues. My Xbox will work fine for a while and have no issues, but then it just randomly disconnects me and when i try to reconnect it says DNS isn’t...
  4. Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues: I was playing on my Xbox the other day and everything was going good and then today when I loaded it up it wasn’t connected to the Internet. I tried reconnecting as I thought it was maybe my...
  5. Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?: I can't be the only one because I know I am not. Other friends have the same issue. Does Xbox respond? No. Just troubleshoot with every single solution I've tried. Cannot get a live person to hear...
  6. New second series X struggling internet issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New second series X struggling internet issues: Hello, I don’t ever post on these forums but I have tried contacting both my ISP and Microsoft and have gotten no solution. I have been troubleshooting this for 2 days and still can’t figure it...
  7. Xbox series x Internet connection issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x Internet connection issues: I’ve spent nearly $600 on a console that can’t stay connected to wifi for more than 5 mins past 7pm. It disconnects and reconnects in only 10 seconds but it makes any game nearly unplayable and a...
  8. Internet / Ethernet issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet / Ethernet issue: My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through alternate MAC address but then every time I would try...
  9. Internet issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet issues: My series x says I'm connected to the Internet yet no games will work ? I've reset everything, did a full reset on my console and yet it's still doing it ? I install games but they will not play,...
  10. Xbox X. Internet’s connection issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox X. Internet’s connection issue: Xbox X is plugged into intaweb modem walk away after playing cod Settings is set to keep Xbox on to keep the Xbox up to date ! But recently when powering up Xbox it say not connected to the inter...