Internet For Xbox One

Discus and support Internet For Xbox One in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Internet For Xbox One I Need Help Because When I Got On Today It Said That I Needed To Connect To Xbox Live But Yesterday It Was Fine So I Need To Know... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Yayeet_5567, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Yayeet_5567
    Yayeet_5567 Guest

Internet For Xbox One

Internet For Xbox One
    I Need Help Because When I Got On Today It Said That I Needed To Connect To Xbox Live But Yesterday It Was Fine So I Need To Know What Happend also they did not have xfinity so i put comcast

:)

Yayeet_5567, Jan 16, 2021
  2. WPAK Win User

Xbox one - No internet

Hi there,

I'm afraid that for initial set-up an internet connection is required, since it will download an update and other steps that require an active internet connection.

After the initial set up is done, the console can be set to offline more (via the Settings) after which no internet connection is needed.

Keep in mind that games usually will have an update, so in order to fully enjoy a game, it's best to periodically connect the console to the internet and download any updates.

As alternative option, a wifi hotspot could be used for initial set up (via for example a smart phone), but keep in mind that the initial update can be quite big so make sure the data connection on the phone is capable of it and won't result in high mobile
    costs
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox one with no Internet

The Xbox One will need an initial update from the internet before you can use it offline. Ironic, I know, but there's currently no other way around it.

If you can, take your Xbox to a friend or relative's house to perform the update. If you bought it from a store like Gamestop, you can also check if the sales reps are willing to help you out there too.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One (Internet)

Hi

You would first need to search the internet to find out what providers supply internet connections to your property and then I would recommend you carry out additional searches asking what the service is like for gaming based on the companies that can supply
    you a service.

The only thing I would advise against if possible is using broadband supplied using cellular networks as these very often have very low data caps and are not responsive enough to allow for good online multiplayer experience.
  5. Silver97890 Win User

Trouble with backwards compatible game

I can't, it says that it's not connected to the internet. My xbox one is connected to the internet but when I try to play a 360 game on the xbox one it says that it can't connect to the internet.
  6. USMCNewdog70 Win User

connecting xbox 360 to xbox one

then the xbox one is connected to the internet or do both have to be connected to the internet?
Thema:

Internet For Xbox One

1. Internet For Xbox One - Similar Threads - Internet

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. "you will need internet for this microsoft store"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "you will need internet for this microsoft store": Im trying to login with my microsoft and xbox account but they both say "you will need internet for this" When my internet in games and online works just fine. Cant play minecraft because of this...
  4. Xbox one won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to the internet: My xbox one won't connect to the internet despite all other devices working on the network. Nothing has been changed with the network in the past few days and I am using a wireless connection....
  5. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  6. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  7. My Xbox won’t connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to internet: My Xbox won’t connect to internet. I already tried to clear the MAC address but when I try it won’t let me restart my Xbox. I already tried to do a factory reset and it still won’t let me restart....
  8. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  9. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  10. Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X: When I first tried connecting my Xbox One to my T-Mobile home internet I couldn't even connect to Xbox Live but I plugged the Xbox into the modem with an ethernet cable and now the game works fine...