Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 isn't working and gives a error ''can't connect to website''

Discus and support Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 isn't working and gives a error ''can't connect to website'' in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The main issue is that when I open Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360, it loads the search engine. I can search various things, get different results... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UmairZafar2, Mar 31, 2021.

1. UmairZafar2
    UmairZafar2 Guest

Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 isn't working and gives a error ''can't connect to website''

The main issue is that when I open Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360, it loads the search engine. I can search various things, get different results from video, images and general.

However, I cannot click on any of these links. No matter which link I click on, page I try to open, I get the same error:

"Can't connect to the website"

"The website is down, or we can't connect to the Internet. Here are some things you can try:"

if anyone can suggestion something that might help me get the browser working properly again, and perhaps advice regarding streaming from Xbox 360 that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:)

UmairZafar2, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

internet explorer lost all official support last year, 90% of websites no longer support it. you will have to use a different device.
  3. ASHLEYIS2AMAZIN Win User

Error code 831188FE

1. Download the Internet Explorer App on the Xbox 360 giving the error and go to Xbox.com(since the profile can't sign in you will need another profile with gold to do this)

2. Sign in with the profile that doesn't work on the xbox.com website, it will ask to send a code to the alternate email you put on the account.

3. Using a computer sign into that email and get the code. Put in the code and it will verify the account

4. Now back out of Internet Explorer and sign into the profile using the Xbox Guide button. It should now work.

The reason this is clever, is because the profile signs in just fine on Xbox.com on the computer. This is a way of verifying on the device itself (Xbox 360) so that it will no longer give the error.

This will unfortunately require you to have a second profile with gold to access the Internet Explorer App. I hope this helps somebody out there. From what I researched and been told by Xbox Support this is an extremely rare error, but I hope this helps
    somebody out there having the same issue.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

My Internet Explorer Problem...

Hi,

Internet Explorer for 360 is no longer supported. The software that it is based on is a decade old now. Websites are more advanced these days and can't be viewed on this old browser, hence the errors you're seeing.
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

IE not connecting to any website on Xbox 360.

Hello Sarmad Qureshi,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. To confirm, are you successfully able to connect with YouTube and Netflix through the applications outside of Internet Explorer? If this is the case, please see below for troubleshooting solutions for error messages;

If you encounter an error message in Internet Explorer on your Xbox 360, try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your Internet connection is working properly. For help, see the Xbox 360 Network Connection Solution.
    2. Sign in to Xbox Live with an Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
    3. Delete Internet Explorer:
      1. Restart your Xbox console.
      2. Go to Settings and select System.
      3. Select Storage.
      4. Select All Devices.
      5. Select Games and Apps.
      6. Highlight Internet Explorer and Press Y.
      7. Select Delete and choose Yes to delete all items for Internet Explorer.
    4. Reinstall Internet Explorer:
      1. From Xbox Home, go to Apps, and then select Browse Apps.
      2. Browse or search for Internet Explorer.
      3. Select Internet Explorer to download the app. When the download is complete, Internet Explorer automatically starts. To start Internet Explorer later, select Apps > My Apps > Internet Explorer.
    For additional support, please visit for more troubleshooting solutions: Install, configure, use, and troubleshoot Internet Explorer on Xbox 360.

Thank you!

-Tali
  6. Blizzared Win User

Runtime Error on accounts.xbox.com

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as using the Internet Explorer app on Xbox 360. Still getting errors.
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 isn't working and gives a error ''can't connect to website'' - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer 360

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. "you will need internet for this microsoft store"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "you will need internet for this microsoft store": Im trying to login with my microsoft and xbox account but they both say "you will need internet for this" When my internet in games and online works just fine. Cant play minecraft because of this...
  4. Xbox one won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to the internet: My xbox one won't connect to the internet despite all other devices working on the network. Nothing has been changed with the network in the past few days and I am using a wireless connection....
  5. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  6. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  7. My Xbox won’t connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to internet: My Xbox won’t connect to internet. I already tried to clear the MAC address but when I try it won’t let me restart my Xbox. I already tried to do a factory reset and it still won’t let me restart....
  8. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  9. When I go to internet explorer it trys to load bing com but it doesn't load it says that it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I go to internet explorer it trys to load bing com but it doesn't load it says that it...: Please tell me how to change parental settings because it is in safe mode df9a0223-6f2f-4c21-b8e3-65a031fa2e50
  10. Hi my internet explorer on xbox 360 does not want to load anny websites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my internet explorer on xbox 360 does not want to load anny websites: Live account I can access everything like multiplayer gaming online but my internet explorer app keeps telling me that we cannot connect to the internet at the moment...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. did Microsoft IE browser work on Xbox 360 S

2. can t use internet explorer on xbox 360

3. internet explorer having trouble shooting on xbox 360

4. xbox 360 internet explorer cant connect to the website,
  5. Xbox 360 explorer cannot acess web page,
  6. xbox 360 wont load page to authenticate wifi