Internet Connection

Discus and support Internet Connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I live in student accommodation and am struggling to get it to connect to wifi. We have 3 available servers here to connect to; Wireless help, resnet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CutoffManatee6, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Internet Connection

I live in student accommodation and am struggling to get it to connect to wifi.

We have 3 available servers here to connect to; Wireless help, resnet and eduroam. The way it works on our computers and devices etc. is that we connect to wireless help which re-directs us to one of the others. Resnet is the one we use at the accommodation
    rather than eduroam for the university itself.

My xbox is only showing wireless help and none of the others and is giving no option to re-direct to resnet. It says that the network is connected but will not further connect to internet. Further help would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible!!

:)

CutoffManatee6, Jan 8, 2016
  2. JcHeat
    JcHeat Guest
    Destiny no Internet connection...

Anyone else getting constantly booted from games for apparently having no internet connection?? I'm positive my internet is fine and I have no problems with any other device or game. Is this just me or is it an ongoing problem, for me the game is totally unplayable the last couple of days.

JcHeat, Jan 8, 2016
  3. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
    Destiny no Internet connection...

Today i got a disconnected three times with a eel,beaver and centipede.

n7oldnavy, Jan 8, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Internet Connection

Sorry to hear it. You should contact your local ISP people to see what's up there. They will usually be able to sort the console out in the student dorms.

onyxishere, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Geovanie Legend Win User

Internet Connection

Please be more specific when saying what you have tried.

Just to cover some, have you tried...

1. Enable upnp on the network

2. Using a different ethernet cable

3. if network does not support upnp try opening ports manually ->
    support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

4. Restore factory defaults to your consoles network settings

If none of these work please give more details and I will try to help you.
  6. apocalypseurza Win User

Internet connection.

could you please provide your networks information so we can see what hardware your working with please?

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Is NAT Type Open?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?
  7. Miss Ermine Win User

Internet connection

8. Obsessive Power Win User

Internet connection

Since this issue is related to the school network, you would have to contact your school's I.T department. There is very little we can diagnose this end. I highly doubt the issue is with your console. Even if you did have to send it for a repair, I can
    guarantee you, they will send you your limited edition back.
  9. IxAMxSNIPERFROG Win User

Internet connectivity

Oh god no. The government tends to destroy what they regulate. And it wouldn't actually be "free", as someone has to pay for server upkeep, infastructure, etc. "Free" internet for everyone would lead to higher taxation.

-

Don't believe me? Just wait until the Obamacare taxes kick in for everyone. I already saw my health insurance premiums increase $120 a month thanks to the awesome ACA that would "save middle class families hundreds of dollars a year". You really want
    them regulating your internet provider too? Didn't think so.
Thema:

Internet Connection

1. Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Internet Connection

2. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  3. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.: Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet. I have tried everything, resetting it, et cetera. 50638947-7199-49c6-b3ea-7260f9811b83
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  8. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  9. No internet connection no matter what I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    No internet connection no matter what I do: So we experienced a lightning strike close to our house which caused us to lose power and replace the router and modem. The xbox series x turns on but I can't connect to the internet no matter...
  10. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b