Internet connecting to wifi

Discus and support Internet connecting to wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my Xbox won’t connect to the internet even though it’s saying it picks up the signal 46231f53-0cc7-4264-9406-7dfd16c9bb75 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Player508310312, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Internet connecting to wifi

my Xbox won’t connect to the internet even though it’s saying it picks up the signal

:)

Player508310312, Oct 16, 2017
  2. herbert
    herbert Guest
    Why when i test my xbox live connection does it say its working, but it doesn't?

How are you connecting to the internet? Are you using a wired connection, or a wireless (WiFi)? I had a console where a WiFi connection would give me occasional problems, so you would want to check that out.

herbert, Oct 16, 2017
  3. isturbo1
    isturbo1 Guest
    Xbox Live Connection Error

Maybe a problem with your connection. what is your internet like? you using eathernet or wifi to connect the console?

isturbo1, Oct 16, 2017
  4. SirAngry Win User

ps4 bluetooth vs xbox wi fi direct

[quote user="Favious M"]

Just on smartglass and stuff like that using Wifi Direct. Say you're using a tablet with smartglass connected to the One using wifi direct, does that mean the wifi the tablet is getting internet through stops working at that stage? So basically can you have
    a device connected to another using wifi direct while still using wifi for internet at the same time?

[/quote]

WiFi Direct and standard WiFi are two different things. Hooking up other devices to your Xbox One using WiFI Direct shouldn't have any impact on your WiFi Internet connection.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Internet and wifi connectivity

Try performing a hard reset by pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts off completely. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
  6. VAMPIRUSUNUM Win User

Did u run a network test on ur router to see if u have any issues
  7. C0MBAT DUKE Win User

Lag issues are the worst. I had lots of issues a couple of years ago, and it all boiled down to my NAT settings. Without knowing how your internet is set up or at what lengths you’ve already gone through to fix this issue, this link gives several scenarios
    that may help:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-networking-guide#multiplayer

Let me know if that shakes anything loose!

Respectfully,

Xbox Ambassador
  8. Robby Sayles Win User

Reset the console; that usually does the trick.
Thema:

Internet connecting to wifi

1. Internet connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - Internet connecting wifi

2. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...
  3. My Xbox is connected to WiFi but got no Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is connected to WiFi but got no Internet: My Xbox is connected to WiFi but got no Internet 5d2ff4c6-045a-4ee3-a9b8-373ba2d54748
  4. My Xbox is connected to WiFi but got no internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is connected to WiFi but got no internet: My Xbox is connected to the but it's not got internet 23ebdaee-10e4-4939-9303-af491378f044
  5. Xbox saying wifi password is incorrect when trying to connect to Internet after new update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox saying wifi password is incorrect when trying to connect to Internet after new update: After receiving the new update for my console my Xbox disconnected from the Internet and when I try to reconnect it says "check network name and password and try again". I'm using an Xbox One S if...
  6. Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...: I play Call of Duty MWII and all of sudden I have not been able to connect to the online services anymore. My internet works fine and other games work fine too. I tried redownloading Call of Duty...
  7. Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX): If for some reason you are experiencing not being able to connect to the internet via a wired connection or if you are able to connect via wired connection but not WiFi! The only fix I’ve found is...
  8. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...
  9. Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection: Hi I want to stream xbox to laptop through wifi modem. This wifi modem doesn't have access to internet, I want to play offline games. Is there a way I can get it to work? Many thanks...
  10. my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the...

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the...: my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the internet part and wont pass a xbox live test connection a918ed53-c360-46e3-9c93-f366cae3438b