International Game Day at a rural Library in Idaho

Discus and support International Game Day at a rural Library in Idaho in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I work at a rural library in northern Idaho that serves three communities. We did a fund raiser a number of years ago to purchase an Xbox 360, games,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bryanhowie, Oct 31, 2015.

1. bryanhowie
    bryanhowie Guest

I work at a rural library in northern Idaho that serves three communities. We did a fund raiser a number of years ago to purchase an Xbox 360, games, and a television for the children and teenagers of the community. This has brought in a good amount of
    traffic, but more than that, it has brought together the children in a safe place to share social experiences and have fun.

The biggest surprise was how many parents play with the children and bond over the games (Minecraft and Halo being the most popular). There has been a marked improvement in social skills in the children and teenagers of the community because of the Xbox.
    I believed it would be fun and have a positive impact on the community, and also bring in children that would check-out books as a result of being in the library. The impact of the Xbox has far exceeded my expectations. The teenagers have taken on a mentoring
    attitude toward the younger children, which brings the whole community closer.

Our 360 is dying, as is natural after years of daily use. As the assistant librarian, and the one responsible for gaming and social media at the library, I am asking for a donation for the community. We would appreciate it more than you know.

Sincerely,

Bryan Ebert

Tri-Community Library

46 Isaacson St.

(P.O. Box 157)

Fernwood, ID 83830

Tri-Community Library

:)

bryanhowie, Oct 31, 2015
  2. WildAttorney
    WildAttorney Guest
    Ran out of building ideas

Might I suggest that you reproduce the entire city of
    Boise
    , Idaho. There are a million Eiffel Towers, Big Bens, etc., but no one has ever recreated
    Boise in Minecraft! You can be the first!

WildAttorney, Oct 31, 2015
  3. PewP3r
    PewP3r Guest
    Network Collisions on Multiplayer?

Just checking to see if anyone's experienced this and/or has a solution... I have two regular players on my MC360 multi-player game who seem to be at odds with each others' networks. When one hops-on, the other immediately begins failing to load chunks and
    lagging. The minute that player drops-out of the game, presto-changeo, the other player's chunks start loading and the lag goes away. One lives in Florida and one in Idaho (the one who seems to cause the lag), and the Idaho guy is in a pretty rural area on
    some very flaky satellite Internet connection. I wouldn't think that one player having a bad connection would ruin it for everyone else, let alone one specific player. How is this possible? We've tested over and over by dropping the two out and bringing them
    back in, and it's 100% reproducible.

PewP3r, Oct 31, 2015
  4. bryanhowie
    bryanhowie Guest

I was instructed by a Microsoft customer service agent to create this post so that it would be moved up along the correct chain of command and possibly be read by someone in a position to respond. I'm hopeful that somebody will find our need for assistance
    worth while. We would love any donation possible, especially a new system and games for the kids. An Xbox One would be terrific and bring more children into the library and maybe invigorate the waning interest in the local teenage population, who are at
    the highest risk for inappropriate behavior in the community.

Thank you all for reading this post and please reply if you have any questions or comments.

bryanhowie, Nov 5, 2015
  5. bryanhowie Win User

I was instructed by a Microsoft customer service agent to create this post so that it would be moved up along the correct chain of command and possibly be read by someone in a position to respond. I'm hopeful that somebody will find our need for assistance
    worth while. We would love any donation possible, especially a new system and games for the kids. An Xbox One would be terrific and bring more children into the library and maybe invigorate the waning interest in the local teenage population, who are at
    the highest risk for inappropriate behavior in the community.

Thank you all for reading this post and please reply if you have any questions or comments.
  6. ohiostate111 Win User

What happens when there's no more GAME STORES?

I think that the internet infrastructure needs to drastically improve, especially in rural areas in the US and international markets before completely phasing out discs will be possible.
  7. II PARALLAX II Win User

Are any girls playing this? If anyone wants to add me..do so

"Redneck" isn't a bad thing, nor does it imply simple bumpkin ....I grew up on the west coast among the grime and crime of the city, luckily Grampa had a farm in the sticks...had the best of both worlds growing up....after the Army and a college education
    I settled in relatively rural Idaho....I live in the sticks now, the nearby "city" has 3 whole traffic lights...yeah, I'm an adopted redneck and wouldn't have it any other way ....yup, get a redneck girl man
  8. WildAttorney Win User

Ran out of building ideas

Might I suggest that you reproduce the entire city of
    Boise
    , Idaho. There are a million Eiffel Towers, Big Bens, etc., but no one has ever recreated
    Boise in Minecraft! You can be the first!
  9. CFoster66 Win User

E Sports and Tournaments

These tournaments will be held in the US in Idaho.

Thanks,
Thema:

1. International Game Day at a rural Library in Idaho - Similar Threads - International Game rural

2. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  5. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  6. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  7. Game won’t transfer into my internal hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t transfer into my internal hard drive: I bought 2k24 for the Xbox series X and I downloaded it onto my hard drive and then I had to move it into my Xbox and it is saying installation stopped every time I try to resume my game and I...
  8. Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?: The new capture news is really concerning and incredibly infuriating for me, as the last 7-8 years of my childhood gaming are all jeopardized. I want to know, before I spend 8 hours downloading...
  9. How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage: I just switched from xb1 to series x and on of my games is installed on my external and internal storage, i tried to move them both to internal but it wont let me until my game finishes upgrading,...
  10. How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive?: How do I delete a game off of my internal hardrive without deleting it off my external drive? 296f134f-438e-418f-82be-9e1d082c657c