Intermittent Black Screen for 2-3 seconds, (as if monitor loses signal for a moment) loss...

Discus and support Intermittent Black Screen for 2-3 seconds, (as if monitor loses signal for a moment) loss... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Was wondering if anyone could identify the issue here. I think it’s a handshake issue between my monitor and Xbox Had a Series S for a little over a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OpticsofSin, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Intermittent Black Screen for 2-3 seconds, (as if monitor loses signal for a moment) loss...

Was wondering if anyone could identify the issue here. I think it’s a handshake issue between my monitor and Xbox

Had a Series S for a little over a year; used a 4K LG TV for about 5 months without this issue. Moved to a 27 Acer 1080p 144hz monitor and this is when this issue initially surfaced. The screen goes black as if it turned off, for about 2-3 seconds. While this is happening it seems like the Xbox is operating as if it’s unaware of the issue. After it resolves it won’t happen again during that same session. Madden is a particular game that would trigger it most. But sometimes it seemed it wouldn’t happen for months. Other times once per session.

Now I was able to pickup a Series X about a month ago, and yes it seems I’m having this same issue during similar games. Madden in particular it happens almost once each time I sit to play.

Decided to try the other HDMI port on the monitor but the issue is still there. Fiddled with the video settings to no avail. I assume DDC/CI has nothing to do with it? I have Allow 4K and HDR off, VRR enabled at 1080p 120hz. I also have Allow 50hz enabled.

Has anyone had similar issues and had any success resolving it? I’m assuming since both my S and X experienced the identical problem, the issue most likely stems from the monitor? I’m almost 100% certain if I moved back to the 4K LG I was using it wouldn’t happen anymore.

submitted by /u/OpticsofSin
    [link] [comments]

/u/OpticsofSin, Mar 12, 2022
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox one s not connecting to tv

3. Mr Caes Win User

XBOX randomly crashing when using AV + HDMI

Unfortunately that didn't work either... Played a couple matches of Halo 4 and then a black screen. One thing I forgot to mention, the 360 does stay on after the crash. It just shows a black screen for a couple seconds, then my monitor's 'no signal' message.
    I'm using a 360 S, and my headset is plugged into the red/white ports on the adapter.
  4. NENGaming Win User

TV loses signal for 2 seconds

Hi pajamas, This sounds like it could be a faulty HDMI cable. Could you try a different one and see if that helps? Also try plugging into a different HDMI port on your T.V, sometimes the ports become a little funny.
  5. bowski477 Win User

console works, can game stream, but no hdmi out

6. zdopeheathen Win User

Delay when changing lobbies or joining on invites

I had the same problem only it was 2 or 3 seconds of a black screen every time.
Thema:

Intermittent Black Screen for 2-3 seconds, (as if monitor loses signal for a moment) loss...

1. Intermittent Black Screen for 2-3 seconds, (as if monitor loses signal for a moment) loss... - Similar Threads - Intermittent Black Screen

2. Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen: My xbox series s randomly had a black screen that will randomly happen and stay for about 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix this. Happens during Fortnite And...
  3. Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C

in XboX Insiders
    Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C: Just purchased the 65 inch Samsung Q80C TV and noticed when using my Xbox one, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds every 10ish seconds. Note that I have the Xbox one and there is no auto HDR...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?: Hi, I've had my Xbox one X for many years, and starting last year I began having issues where my LG TVs video signal would randomly start to cutout every few seconds. It shows static, then...
  5. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...
  6. Intermittent connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent connectivity issues: I'm having connectivity issues with my Xbox Series X. Over the past month or so I have been experiencing intermittent lag that is bad enough to get me disconnected from multi-player games. It's...
  7. Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes: Have just purchased Xbox X in upgrade of my Xbox One. Playing on a Toshiba 50UA3A63DB TV. Had no issues with my xbox one but have had 2 xbox x's and both have been giving me intermittent black...
  8. Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human: Hi, Really at a loss of what to do here. My xbox series X controller has been intermittently disconnecting for the past month or two now. It's gotten to the point where I can't play live games...
  9. Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x: Pro 2 controller shows the jack connected but it isn't. This is intermittent every 30 seconds also game audio. I reboot console series x and controller but it is not fixed....
  10. Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection: XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has been connected to the router/hub for a year....