Intermittent black screen flashing and flickering

Discus and support Intermittent black screen flashing and flickering in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Why isn't there more traction on the black screen issues that have been posted numerous times? For a few months, I've had intermittent black screen... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MuddPunk, Nov 18, 2020.

1. /u/MuddPunk
    /u/MuddPunk Guest

Why isn't there more traction on the black screen issues that have been posted numerous times? For a few months, I've had intermittent black screen flickering on my Xbox One X (Disclaimer: only when I'm not connected to my 4k TV but to a normal 1080p television) and all I've seen is post after post, solution after solution and it's never resolved. I tried so many different solutions and the answer apparently was.. you need a new cable.. you need to fix your HDMI port.. change this setting.. change that setting. A very small percentage of users with this issue actually have their issue fixed with these solutions.

However after being in the insiders preview for a number of years, I decided to un-enroll my device. This actually fixed the issue. I don't know how many countless hours, official hdmi cables and factory resetting I've been through, but it just goes to show there's an underlying issue from being within the program. Whether it's a setting that's opened internally to push things easier, I don't know, I'm obviously not a developer.. but it's weird that as soon as I unenrolled my Xbox one X, it's working flawlessly again. I'd even downgraded to the lowest ring a few months ago when I first encountered the issue, bit the issue still persisted. I know the program is there to find these bugs and that's the whole point, but I've not seen any official known issues regarding this problem and no one ever seems to get the full support but rather dismissed due to "A bad cable" or television settings.

However, this only became a major problem for me recently since getting the Series X. Obviously that stays on my 4k TV and the One X sits in my bedroom now.. trying to watch something on Netflix, or play something like Final Fantasy when I go to bed, it's highly frustrating not just for me, but my wife too lol.

I just feel like it's worth investigating more for all the people who think that their console is screwed and start paying out for more equipment when there really is no need.

submitted by /u/MuddPunk
    [link] [comments]

/u/MuddPunk, Nov 18, 2020
  2. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
  3. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  4. mparmyman1984 Win User

*URGENT* The preview update has killed my xbox

does the black screen flicker when you turn it on?
  5. jumpman0904 Win User

Static on Xbox one home screen and menus

I am also having this issue on my LG 47 inch LD460. While I'm at the home screen there are rainbowish flickering around certain letters and edges of the screen, and the screen cuts in and out intermittently to the point where I can't do anything. However,
    when I click onto the settings menu, the flickering and the cutting in and out disappears. If I load a game, there is no flickering and it works perfectly.

Oddly, I cannot change my resolution to 1080p even thought my TV is capable of 1080p (if i switch it to 1080p the screens blacks out). I've tried using my Xbox One on a different TV and it works perfectly- it even runs on 1080p! I'm suspecting it's my TV
    because I've tried switching out HDMI cables, and using different ports.

This is so annoying.
  6. hackREDUX Win User

March update.A few things that are coming

anybody getting an occasional black screen flicker since this preview update?
Thema:

1. Intermittent black screen flashing and flickering - Similar Threads - Intermittent black screen

2. Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen: My xbox series s randomly had a black screen that will randomly happen and stay for about 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix this. Happens during Fortnite And...
  3. Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C

in XboX Insiders
    Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C: Just purchased the 65 inch Samsung Q80C TV and noticed when using my Xbox one, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds every 10ish seconds. Note that I have the Xbox one and there is no auto HDR...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?: Hi, I've had my Xbox one X for many years, and starting last year I began having issues where my LG TVs video signal would randomly start to cutout every few seconds. It shows static, then...
  5. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...
  6. Intermittent connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent connectivity issues: I'm having connectivity issues with my Xbox Series X. Over the past month or so I have been experiencing intermittent lag that is bad enough to get me disconnected from multi-player games. It's...
  7. Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X series intermittent black screen flashes: Have just purchased Xbox X in upgrade of my Xbox One. Playing on a Toshiba 50UA3A63DB TV. Had no issues with my xbox one but have had 2 xbox x's and both have been giving me intermittent black...
  8. Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human: Hi, Really at a loss of what to do here. My xbox series X controller has been intermittently disconnecting for the past month or two now. It's gotten to the point where I can't play live games...
  9. Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pro 2 controller audio intermittent in series x: Pro 2 controller shows the jack connected but it isn't. This is intermittent every 30 seconds also game audio. I reboot console series x and controller but it is not fixed....
  10. Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection: XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has been connected to the router/hub for a year....