Instant on or Energy Saving?

Discus and support Instant on or Energy Saving? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just received a Xbox one for Christmas and was wondering which is the best to use instant on or energy saving mode?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by artrip85, Dec 28, 2015.

1. artrip85
    artrip85 Guest

So I just received a Xbox one for Christmas and was wondering which is the best to use instant on or energy saving mode?

:)

artrip85, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Hard restart after every time I turn on my Xbox One

Is your Xbox on instant on or energy saving mode?

Richiestang78, Dec 28, 2015
  3. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    Need Help!

do you use instant on, or energy save mod?

EnenDaveyBoy, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Instant on or Energy Saving?

I find that it does not matter which. Both especially when it comes to signing in to your account upon start-up, takes a while.

Perhaps their is some benifit to instant on, but I've not noticed any.

ElectroFlying, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Instant on is basically is standby mode and energy saver turns the console off completely. I use energy saver as I like to keep track of data usage and I turn everything off at the wall when I am done to save electricity costs.

Auswulf, Dec 28, 2015
  6. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Been using instant on since launch, instant game restart is great, no loading just play. All updates done in the background so no waiting. And I have not noticed any significant increase in my energy bill.

John Dowding, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    i use instant on, games and updates can download and install while the Xbox is not in use, only takes a few seconds to turn on, and i calculated the cost of the electric for me using the instant on mode, it came out to like $0.72 a month.

Zero Divided, Dec 29, 2015
  8. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

Instant game resume is the best feature ever for someone like me that tends to only play one title at a time.

John Dowding, Dec 29, 2015
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    For some reason Instant on always sets my NAT to strict so I use energy saving mode

Daft Badger, Dec 29, 2015
  10. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I have one set to instant on and one set to energy saver...

Instant on-always updated, though requires a restart every so often; less frequently since the N.X.O.E. update. Boots almost instantly.

Energy saver-Never have to restart. Have to manually update (In my case, move the external and copy.). Takes a few minutes to boot.

Personally use the energy saver console more. I have data caps and the one X1 is the only device in my house that auto updates; six computers, several consoles, multiple smart phones, etc., all auto updating would definitely put me over my cap more frequently.
    Lol.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Dec 29, 2015
  11. I think the biggest difference is if you have a Kinect. I have mine set to Instant On so that I can use my Kinect to turn my system on. It is also nice (as other users wrote) to have updates download and apply while it is idle.

XBOX BLACKSTAR, Dec 29, 2015
  12. DeadFall526
    DeadFall526 Guest
    Yea but is instant on harder on the system ?

DeadFall526, Dec 29, 2015
  13. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

Mines showing no signs of it being detrimental. Used most days since launch.

John Dowding, Dec 29, 2015
  14. artrip85
    artrip85 Guest
    Ok, thanks everyone for your comments. I guess I will just use the energy saving mode since I don't really mind the few extra seconds for it to load up and maybe using this mode it might make the x1 last longer.

artrip85, Oct 31, 2018
  15. Daft Badger Win User

For some reason Instant on always sets my NAT to strict so I use energy saving mode
  16. XBOX BLACKSTAR Win User

I think the biggest difference is if you have a Kinect. I have mine set to Instant On so that I can use my Kinect to turn my system on. It is also nice (as other users wrote) to have updates download and apply while it is idle.
  17. John Dowding Win User

Instant game resume is the best feature ever for someone like me that tends to only play one title at a time.
  18. Zero Divided Win User

i use instant on, games and updates can download and install while the Xbox is not in use, only takes a few seconds to turn on, and i calculated the cost of the electric for me using the instant on mode, it came out to like $0.72 a month.
  19. John Dowding Win User

Been using instant on since launch, instant game restart is great, no loading just play. All updates done in the background so no waiting. And I have not noticed any significant increase in my energy bill.
Thema:

1. Instant on or Energy Saving? - Similar Threads - Instant Energy Saving

2. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  3. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  4. Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening: the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the app. I have checked my event viewer and found...
  5. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  6. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  7. New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox x series for Xmas. Downloaded my online games like ea fc and warzone. As soon I open the game it gets to first main menu and either freezes or completely kicks me...
  8. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...
  9. Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.: A horrormovie picture (texas chainsaw) I uploaded as a custom gamerpic instantly got me banned! Why? And why not just tell me? Instaban seems a little excessive for a moviepic - I don't even know...
  10. My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second: I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. there was heavy dust inside but it has been properly cleaned. Unfortunately do to the power instantly turning off I can't tell if the fan is...