instant-on mode

Discus and support instant-on mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi is having my xbox one in instant on mode bad does it wear out the console or the psu like when its on instant on mode the fan in the psu is always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexO'brien, Jan 4, 2014.

1. AlexO'brien
    AlexO'brien Guest

instant-on mode

Hi is having my xbox one in instant on mode bad does it wear out the console or the psu like when its on instant on mode the fan in the psu is always spinning is this bad thank you .

:)

AlexO'brien, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Instant On mode problem

I have an issue with the Instant On feature, it seems;

Instant On is selected in the Power options, and has worked previously without issue, however the last couple weeks I've been noticing that upon returning to the console, it's actually gone into Energy Saving mode instead, and the Wireless controller will not
    turn on the console either.

I turn off the console via the controller (Hold Xbox Button > Console Off), sometimes I leave a game running, other times not.

It sometimes works, but often doesn't. I haven't notices any patterns to when it works or not - leaving a game running appears to make no difference either.

I do not have a Kinnect, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not sure what to check into next.

Hopefully it's just a glitch from the last update or something that can be fixed soon instant-on mode :)

Xiaou-F1B26925-64CA-4D30-9509-762699775D7E, Jan 4, 2014
  3. JesseW_4
    JesseW_4 Guest
    Instant On Mode Problems

Having a lot of problems with my Xbox in instant on mode. First off I'm digital only. I have a 4TB external drive that I keep everything on. I have my Xbox set to shut off the drive when it's not on. When I turn the Xbox off (instant on mode) the drive just
    constantly spins up , turns off, spins up turns off. This will go on for hours even when no game is being updated. Games that need updates do start updating but when I turn on the Xbox they always say installation stopped! And the worst is games at random that
    don't need an update say they are updating when I return from instant on mode. These updates when I let them run their course take as long as downloading the entire game but at the end the game is corrupted and I have to uninstall/reinstall. I tried restoring
    my Xbox to factory defaults but no change. At this point I don't use instant on mode any more and I don't have any problems that way but I would like to use it. Any help would be appreciated

JesseW_4, Jan 4, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

instant-on mode

I would think the fan constantly spinning is bad. My console is set to instant on and I have never heard the fan. Make sure your console is registered at
    http://myservice.xbox.com just in case you have any issues with the console

x24hrs2livex, Jan 4, 2014
  5. AlexO'brien
    AlexO'brien Guest
    I found out that the fan spinning is good its supposed to when you have it on instant on mode thanks anyways

AlexO'brien, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Instant-on mode

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring about the safety of unplugging your console while it is in the Instant-On Power Mode.

You can think of Instant-On as similar to how your phone is sleep mode when you turn it on or off. The phone itself will not be off unless you hold the power button on the phone to be prompted to turn off or restart your device [in most cases].

Your Xbox works the same way, Toyouka, and its always recommend that you
    completely turn off your console
    holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. This will guarantees that your console is no longer receiving power, prior to plugging it from the power source, and should not cause any damage to
    your console.

Additionally, if you wish to know more about your about what the Power modes do, you can view the article that covers

power settings on your Xbox One

I hope this is was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.
  7. Toyouka Win User

Instant-on mode

Thanks,sir.But I don't know if the power is off in instant on mode. And I don't want to break my Xbox.
  8. Toyouka Win User

Instant-on mode

Yes, you can. However you will need to turn the console back on after plugging it back in so that it will continue to update the system and games.
    ありがとう.

Thank you.
  9. The Fazza13 Win User

Instant-on mode

Hi, you can unplug your console but make sure it is in the stand by state (isn't producing images on your screen) ready to be powered on then turn it off at the wall and unplug it.
  10. AlexO'brien Win User

instant-on mode

I found out that the fan spinning is good its supposed to when you have it on instant on mode thanks anyways
Thema:

instant-on mode

1. instant-on mode - Similar Threads - instant mode

2. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  3. New Shutdown Options for Standby and Rest Mode or Instant On and Energy Saver

in XboX Insiders
    New Shutdown Options for Standby and Rest Mode or Instant On and Energy Saver: I find myself regularly changing the power options from stand by mode and energy saver mode to save energy and download games. In the UK elec and gas have skyrocketed therefore most people are...
  4. System isn't auto updating in instant on mode, is this normal in insiders program?

in XboX Insiders
    System isn't auto updating in instant on mode, is this normal in insiders program?: This is the third time I've turned my Xbox on after a few days off and it's asked me to update, shouldn't this be happening automatically when the console is in standby? submitted by /u/Antimus...
  5. I cannot find instant on mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find instant on mode: Hello, I had problems with my series x that kept overheating and crashing on games like wolfenstein young Blood and Black ops cold War which made me want to change my settings from instant on to...
  6. Why doesn’t my Xbox have the Instant-On mode?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn’t my Xbox have the Instant-On mode?: I’m trying to turn it on some my Xbox can download things while it’s off but I went to look and it only has energy saver and standby modes. submitted by /u/juju6145 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode: Hi, My Xbox series x fan doesnt spin while It Is in instant on mode and the console Is warm. As I turn It on, It works fine. Another thing that has happened Is that when I turn on my Xbox series...
  8. I'm wondering if you remote play your xbox while it's off (on instant on mode) will it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm wondering if you remote play your xbox while it's off (on instant on mode) will it...: I saw that I'm still able to remote play the xbox even though it's off. I saw that it has to do with it being on instant on mode and that it will still show what you're doing on the tv but I'm...
  9. Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode: A month a go I bought a Xbox series x. My problem has happen two times. I turn off all games. I put my xsx in instant on mode. This two times, the next morning the fan was not spinning but the...
  10. Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache?: Hi! Just got a new Series S. I didnt knew it was on instant on mode on the power settings. What i did was pushing the Xbox button then shut off the console. I made sure that i could not hear...