Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache?

Discus and support Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Just got a new Series S. I didnt knew it was on instant on mode on the power settings. What i did was pushing the Xbox button then shut off the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PieterSlk, Nov 8, 2021.

1. PieterSlk
    PieterSlk Guest

Hi!

Just got a new Series S.

I didnt knew it was on instant on mode on the power settings.

What i did was pushing the Xbox button then shut off the console.

I made sure that i could not hear the fan spin and it was turned off, before i pulled out the power cable from wall outlet to clear cache.

What happened was that when i putted it back after 2 min and turned on the Xbox it boosted up quick like it was waked from sleep mode, and even after i pulled the plug.

How is that possible?

Is it safe to pull the plug when the console is in instant on mode even when i chooce turn off from holding xbox button on the controller?

i shutted it off but the settings tell me instant on that it’s kinda like sleep mode but the fan should spin and one should hear it’s in sleep mode?

Got a bit confused about this.

Appreciate some replies Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache? :)

:)

PieterSlk, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Yes, it's pretty safe. However I'll recommend you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn off the console rather than from the controller.

Hope this helps
  3. trollsbox Win User

Xbox won't start apps or settings

Try this and see if it helps any. Go into settings, power options and switch from instant on to power save mode.

After you switch to power save mode shut it down then start it up. Your cache is full, instant on wont clear it. If you cant access the powe setting to switch hold power on the console 8 sec to hard reset it.
  4. eG x Thee Elf Win User

TV App No Longer works and Other TV Issues That Started Last Night (please help)

Instead of pulling the power cable you should be able to do a power cycle (hold the Xbox console touch button for 8 seconds until it turns off), wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. This will clear the cache and reset the network card.
  5. Costa Apostolou Win User

Game Refuses to Start?!

Have you tried a hard reboot/clear your cache? hold the power button for 10 seconds, then pull the power plug from the back of the console, then press the power button on the consoles 3-4 times to discharge the systems power and reset the cache. Leave
    it disconnected for 2 minutes, plug in the power cable into the console, turn on your console, should now work.
  6. CandiedBacon207 Win User

Xbox won't load games!

I'm having the same problem. its with all games. Have done some other research on the webz, and have followed some other steps, clearing the cache, changing power mode to power saving instead of instant on. also powering off /on the console from the console
    direct and not the controllers. still cant open anything.....
Thema:

1. Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache? - Similar Threads - Instant mode pulling

2. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  3. New Shutdown Options for Standby and Rest Mode or Instant On and Energy Saver

in XboX Insiders
    New Shutdown Options for Standby and Rest Mode or Instant On and Energy Saver: I find myself regularly changing the power options from stand by mode and energy saver mode to save energy and download games. In the UK elec and gas have skyrocketed therefore most people are...
  4. System isn't auto updating in instant on mode, is this normal in insiders program?

in XboX Insiders
    System isn't auto updating in instant on mode, is this normal in insiders program?: This is the third time I've turned my Xbox on after a few days off and it's asked me to update, shouldn't this be happening automatically when the console is in standby? submitted by /u/Antimus...
  5. I cannot find instant on mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find instant on mode: Hello, I had problems with my series x that kept overheating and crashing on games like wolfenstein young Blood and Black ops cold War which made me want to change my settings from instant on to...
  6. Why doesn’t my Xbox have the Instant-On mode?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn’t my Xbox have the Instant-On mode?: I’m trying to turn it on some my Xbox can download things while it’s off but I went to look and it only has energy saver and standby modes. submitted by /u/juju6145 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode: Hi, My Xbox series x fan doesnt spin while It Is in instant on mode and the console Is warm. As I turn It on, It works fine. Another thing that has happened Is that when I turn on my Xbox series...
  8. I'm wondering if you remote play your xbox while it's off (on instant on mode) will it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm wondering if you remote play your xbox while it's off (on instant on mode) will it...: I saw that I'm still able to remote play the xbox even though it's off. I saw that it has to do with it being on instant on mode and that it will still show what you're doing on the tv but I'm...
  9. Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode: A month a go I bought a Xbox series x. My problem has happen two times. I turn off all games. I put my xsx in instant on mode. This two times, the next morning the fan was not spinning but the...
  10. Xbox One X "Instant-on" power mode still shutdown the console

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X "Instant-on" power mode still shutdown the console: Recently, a few insiders upgrade recently, my console, while in resting on Instant-on mode, is always doing full shutdown itself. Precondition: The Console power options is set to Instant on....