Instant On (lost HDD 1TB USB 3.0) and disconnecting Xbox Pad

Discus and support Instant On (lost HDD 1TB USB 3.0) and disconnecting Xbox Pad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Below the details of the two problems. Problem 1: Instant on and lost HDD USB 3.0. From the new console (from early December) I have a problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flaga_m, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Flaga_m
    Flaga_m Guest

Hello. Below the details of the two problems.

Problem 1: Instant on and lost HDD USB 3.0.

From the new console (from early December) I have a problem with it. The problem is that the game console is set to "Instant on" is lost to me once in a while my external 1TB HDD USB 3.0.

When the console is dormant (Instant on) I am also noticed that sometimes is switched external USB HDD console, and when complete its operations to check for updates then she switches off by itself but will not remove the external drive.

I observed that this symptom occurs most often after the process of updating the system console or games and applications (but not always)

Symptom dropping the disk can sometimes occur during normal operation of the console. When something I try to run this console suddenly shows me a message asking me about re-installing applications / games or indications of an outer disk on which you
    installed the item.

Problem 2: The sudden disconnection of falls and problems with re-pairing.

When the pad suddenly lose evaporation it can not be re-associate with the console until reload the entire system console (you do "restart the console"). After this she begins to see the console falls and it's connected

:)

Flaga_m, Dec 27, 2015
  2. stevenicks
    stevenicks Guest
    External Hard Drive

I use an USB 3.0, 3.5" HDD enclosure with its own power supply

Model : HDF-SU3 from maplin with an 3.5" 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm HDD works grate ... but goes into sleep mode quickly and can cause the odd pause in some games that stream data like ARK and van helsing, the only two games i have out of thirty that
    exhibit this issue so far

so to resolve it, I just installed them on the internal Xbox One HDD.

Although some games work better with an USB 3.0 2.5" powered HDD,

mainly due to the PSU powered enclosures that take 2.5" or 3.5" HDD's tend to go in sleep mode very quickly which can cause stuttering while the drive spins up to load data.

Where as the 1TB WD Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD drive that takes its power from the USB port rather than its own power supply does not tend to suffer from the same issue from my testing.

stevenicks, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Xbox 360 hard drive to use as external hard drive on xbox one

One way might be to take apart the HDD case and take the 320GB HDD out and put it in a external USB HDD enclosure. Would mean formatting it and losing whatever was on it so the Xbox One could actually use it. I believe to use the Xbox One backwards compatibility
    feature you have to download the entire disc data from Xbox Live and your physical disc will be only used as a key you can't install the disc like you do on the 360.

I honestly wouldn't bother since purpose made external USB 3.0 drive above 1TB is going to give you a bunch of advantages. Faster USB 3.0 load times, enough space you won't fill it up in a few months, and a drive really meant for long term external use and
    standby. Standby is pretty important if you use the instant on with automatic background updating.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Dec 27, 2015
  4. maximusdarby Win User

Moving game to external HDD - Installation Stopped

Hi guys,

Problem solved. Turns out it was the HDD. Despite saying it was USB 3.0 and 1TB, I sent it back and ordered an official Seagate 1TB drive from Amazon for the same price, and worked a treat.

Avoid the cheap Bipra brand on Amazon....

Max
  5. stevenicks Win User

External Hard Drive

I use an USB 3.0, 3.5" HDD enclosure with its own power supply

Model : HDF-SU3 from maplin with an 3.5" 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm HDD works grate ... but goes into sleep mode quickly and can cause the odd pause in some games that stream data like ARK and van helsing, the only two games i have out of thirty that
    exhibit this issue so far

so to resolve it, I just installed them on the internal Xbox One HDD.

Although some games work better with an USB 3.0 2.5" powered HDD,

mainly due to the PSU powered enclosures that take 2.5" or 3.5" HDD's tend to go in sleep mode very quickly which can cause stuttering while the drive spins up to load data.

Where as the 1TB WD Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD drive that takes its power from the USB port rather than its own power supply does not tend to suffer from the same issue from my testing.
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive to use as external hard drive on xbox one

One way might be to take apart the HDD case and take the 320GB HDD out and put it in a external USB HDD enclosure. Would mean formatting it and losing whatever was on it so the Xbox One could actually use it. I believe to use the Xbox One backwards compatibility
    feature you have to download the entire disc data from Xbox Live and your physical disc will be only used as a key you can't install the disc like you do on the 360.

I honestly wouldn't bother since purpose made external USB 3.0 drive above 1TB is going to give you a bunch of advantages. Faster USB 3.0 load times, enough space you won't fill it up in a few months, and a drive really meant for long term external use and
    standby. Standby is pretty important if you use the instant on with automatic background updating.
  7. GrowlingYapper Win User

External Hard Drives for Xbox one

There is a minimum size of 250gb it as to be USB 3.0, Shuboxx is correct if you have data from PC it will be lost when formatted by your console only games and apps can be stored on the HDD, however you can now use another HDD or thumb stick which can be
    USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 for playing your music/video, to use the 3.0 for music /video don't format with the console.
  8. LittleBigPlanet Win User

External Hard drive issues.

If you have a PC or MAC it maybe worth it to get Minitool or Paragon disk tools (free) and then plug the USB 3.0 HDD on it. Run Minitool or Paragon and you should see the whole Xbox One partition as unallocated or other in filesystem. If so then more than
    likely the drive is fine.

Depending your USB 3.0 HDD brand try to go and search for firmware updates on the USB 3.0 HDD.

I would do a sector by sector backup of the USB 3.0 drive first to somewhere accessible on another HDD.

Hopefully the USB 3.0 HDD has a firmware update so update it.

Normally HDD firmware updates leave all data intact but there is risk.

After all plug the USB 3.0 back on Xbone and see if it works.

For me a backup is safer just in case.
Thema:

1. Instant On (lost HDD 1TB USB 3.0) and disconnecting Xbox Pad - Similar Threads - Instant lost HDD

2. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  3. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  4. Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening: the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the app. I have checked my event viewer and found...
  5. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  6. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  7. New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox x series for Xmas. Downloaded my online games like ea fc and warzone. As soon I open the game it gets to first main menu and either freezes or completely kicks me...
  8. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...
  9. Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.: A horrormovie picture (texas chainsaw) I uploaded as a custom gamerpic instantly got me banned! Why? And why not just tell me? Instaban seems a little excessive for a moviepic - I don't even know...
  10. My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second: I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. there was heavy dust inside but it has been properly cleaned. Unfortunately do to the power instantly turning off I can't tell if the fan is...