Instant On and Input Selection

Discus and support Instant On and Input Selection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use Instant On to turn on Xbox and my TV. But when the TV turns on, it's set to the same input as when last used, which may not always be the right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZacariasChacon, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Instant On and Input Selection

I use Instant On to turn on Xbox and my TV. But when the TV turns on, it's set to the same input as when last used, which may not always be the right one for Xbox One. Is there any setting to have Xbox One always select the same input (Video 6 in my case)
    whenever it turns on?

Thanks.

:)

ZacariasChacon, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Kiggsworthy
    Kiggsworthy Guest
    New Input button on Universal Smartglass Remote does *NOT WORK* for Yamaha RX-V575 Receiver!

Please fix the remote codes for this receiver so that the input selection actually works!!

Kiggsworthy, Dec 21, 2015
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Audio Receiver HDMI Input Selection

That is a very good suggestion. You should post it in the Wishlist/Feedback forums so the programmers can see it and find out if anything can be done for this type of situation.

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

onyxishere, Dec 21, 2015
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Cable Box and Xbox One Guide Question

As of now, the Xbox One has to be powered on for the video from the HDMI input to be visible. In a powered off state (even when configured for Instant-on) the video from the HDMI input is not passed through to the output.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Is there a email system?

Verification requires instant input not copy and pasting anssersnthat could be social engineered

That woupd be a huge security risk
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

How to download beta/alpha games while away from the console?

Go into settings then select the tab that has power. There you will find the option to put your console on instant on and be able to select download updates while in instant on mode. Hope this helps.
  7. x24hrs2livex Win User

Active Downloads and turning off the console

Set the console to instant on. Go to settings and select power and startup. Then make sure its set to instant on. This allows for background downloads
  8. tohellnbak Win User

Question Is My Console In Standby Mode?

Yes....As long as you had instant on selected
Thema:

Instant On and Input Selection

1. Instant On and Input Selection - Similar Threads - Instant Input Selection

2. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  3. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  4. Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening: the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the app. I have checked my event viewer and found...
  5. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  6. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  7. New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox x series for Xmas. Downloaded my online games like ea fc and warzone. As soon I open the game it gets to first main menu and either freezes or completely kicks me...
  8. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...
  9. Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.: A horrormovie picture (texas chainsaw) I uploaded as a custom gamerpic instantly got me banned! Why? And why not just tell me? Instaban seems a little excessive for a moviepic - I don't even know...
  10. My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second: I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. there was heavy dust inside but it has been properly cleaned. Unfortunately do to the power instantly turning off I can't tell if the fan is...