Installing microsoft flight simulator cd stuck

Discus and support Installing microsoft flight simulator cd stuck in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When installing Microsoft flight simulator CDs it always stuck with CD2. Im trying to take out and put in CD2 but PC show me fault and i cant find any... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Penkas, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Penkas
    Penkas Guest

When installing Microsoft flight simulator CDs it always stuck with CD2. Im trying to take out and put in CD2 but PC show me fault and i cant find any data from CD1. Do I need to install everything from CD1? Because i do so. And somehow I reached CD9 and it stuck. Still cant find any data from earlier CDs... Do i need to start installing from biginning if I already reached cd9? Maybe i can download flight simulator if have code?

:)

Penkas, Nov 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, if you didn’t cancelled the installation (you left the window opened) you can continue

But if you cancelled the installation probably the installer deleted the files from your PC (usually this is the rule)
    But you can give it a try and start from CD 9 to see if the installer ask you to insert CD 1

If the issue persist and if you’re not able to test with a different PC the best option is ask for a game replacement
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I highly recommend you abandon attempting to install from the CD. The version on those discs is two years old, and you’re going to have to download 100+ gigabytes no matter what you do in order to update it to the current version. You should be able to find your purchase and the Microsoft store and just download it directly from there.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I found a thread that maybe can help you, but it’s not guaranteed:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

“you can copy the contents of the DVD that is giving you an error to a temporary folder on your hard disk.
    Tired of running again and again the installation after every DVD crc or reading error, i copied all the DVD (1 to 10) contents (all dvd1 + data3.cab to data11.cab) to a temporary folder on my hard disk. The copy of three DVDs (3, 5 & 8) was difficult, i tried three different DVD drives to have a good copy but i finally achieve it and was able to run setup from the temporary folder to finish the whole installation.
    Of course, you need a huge space to hold 10 x 8GB or so. But you can try to only copy the non-working disks.
    And if you cannot install with this method, you can submit a ticket and ask aerosoft to provide a working DVD to replace your defective one, still according to the support page (link above). I suggest to try a copy of every dvd .cab file just to confirm your dvd drive is able to read it or not before asking for replacement.”
  5. Penkas Win User

Hi, thank you for your time

Additional information:

1. It shows me "Feature transfer error"

2. I use windows 10

3. this is brand new physical flight simulator and it contains 10CDs. And last time it stuck with cd 9. Is it possible to continue installing from cd9?

4. I didnt try another PC, but I bought new PC just only for flight simulator.

5. There is only one external disc reader

6. I didnt try all sequence from your article because I cant reach CD number 10. It took half day to reach CD number 9. I just want to know if I can continue to install from last stucked cd
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Penkas

Additional information is needed, Please tell me

if you try waiting a bit, the flight simulator installer shows you an error or not at all?
    Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Is this a brand new copy of the physical flight simulator version?
    Did you tried installing the game on a different PC to see how it goes?
    Or if you’re able to do it, what about using a different disc tray / an external disc reader

In the meantime, may I know if you tried everything from this article?
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar...
Thema:

1. Installing microsoft flight simulator cd stuck - Similar Threads - Installing microsoft flight

2. Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11: I have had the flight simulator premium deluxe 40th anniversary game since December 2023. It is installed on the xbox series x console and works fine. I installed it on Windows 10 with the Xbox...
  3. Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing: I have purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded the installation file from Steam. I then start the installation for it to only reach 17% then begin...
  4. Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...: sorry for my bad vocabulary and spelling english is not my firs language what do i need to do to fix this. i cant reinstall the game becouse there is no delete button (i searched every where)....
  5. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...
  6. Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator with wrong account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator with wrong account: Hello. I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Edition for Windows for my son. The problem is that I may have installed the game while signed in to my Microsoft account, and not his, so the...
  7. microsoft xbox series x flight simulator won't finish installing, how to make it finish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft xbox series x flight simulator won't finish installing, how to make it finish?: Hi, This is very frustrating for me but I didn't have anywhere else to ask as I couldn't find exactly the issue when searching - although some more general which are possibly related. I have an...
  8. Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...: So I brought the premium upgrade on Microsoft flight simulator and it installs is 99% of the way until it gets to decompressing the b787 and it just freezes and doesn’t install it I am on Xbox...
  9. Installation stuck in Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stuck in Microsoft Flight Simulator Xbox: Whenever I open the game via cloud gaming the game loads and I'm at the installation manager window but for some reason I always get stuck with "Decompressing fs-base-cgl-minimal-0.1.24.fspackage"...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator installation download is too slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator installation download is too slow: [img] I tried downloading MSFS 2020 and part of the game got installed @ 180+ Mbps where as the later half got stuck @ 2Mbps. My internet is 200Mbps unlimited data wired ethernet and no one but...